Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
PENTAX WR aka RICOH GR compatible with Pentax Flashes

I am just curious,

how many people would be intended to buy Ricoh GR similar camera with Pentax Name, Pentax flashmount and weather protected
Main idea and really super cheap investment for better sale could be only rename camera and change flash mount for Pentax
I am proud owner of Pentax and already have some accessories and it coul be really nice use it with a camera like Ricoh GR...
Other improvement is WR upgrade and possibility take photos even in bad weather

What do you think?

Attached Images

03-18-2015, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vjacesslav Quote
I am just curious,

how many people would be intended to buy Ricoh GR similar camera with Pentax Name, Pentax flashmount and weather protected
Main idea and really super cheap investment for better sale could be only rename camera and change flash mount for Pentax
I am proud owner of Pentax and already have some accessories and it coul be really nice use it with a camera like Ricoh GR...

What do you think?
Even considering the outstanding image quality of the GR, I would rather prefer it the other way around; give me a new MX-1(MX-2??) but with an APS-C sensor and WIFI. Kepp the rest identical including the zoom's magnification range.

But thinking it a little more.... keep the MX-1 as is, but add an eyelevel EVF (for those open broadlight situations) and WIFI. name it whatever they want but keep it under the Pentax name. BTW, throw in a hotshoe! This minor changes will make a killer bridge camera!
03-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

As a proposed product, weather resistance on a GR type camera would be desirable, though I am fairly certain if Ricoh ever decided to move that direction the product would likely wear the Ricoh badge.

Steve
03-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I don't think small cameras really need weather protection. It's easy enough to cover with a hand or similar. Even a hat brim could protect it well enough

03-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Moved.
Not news or rumor.
03-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I'd consider it if the "WR" on the body had a different font.
03-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, I do agree about font It was only for ilustration ...

I am considering to buy Ricoh GR, plus/minus and one minus is I can´t use pentax flash with ricoh GR
But i like quality, RAW and size
03-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I have a GR and love it. The Pentax name on it wouldn't change anything for me. Also, I'd like WR (on everything I own), but I'd be afraid it would increase the size. Before WR, I'd prefer different lens options in the next generation.

03-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #9
npc
Veteran Member

Ah, I don't think Ricoh will ever put a PENTAX label on the GR ... after all, its their legendary camera.
03-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dirtistasty2 Quote
I don't think small cameras really need weather protection. It's easy enough to cover with a hand or similar. Even a hat brim could protect it well enough
That sounds easy enough, but I ruined my first Pentax SLR when a small amount of Niagara Falls mist got into it, and as a result a few years later I failed to even attempt to photograph my daughter's delighted response to the Hurricane deck.
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Something like this would make a killer bridge camera...
Attached Images

03-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
Even considering the outstanding image quality of the GR, I would rather prefer it the other way around; give me a new MX-1(MX-2??) but with an APS-C sensor and WIFI. Kepp the rest identical including the zoom's magnification range.

But thinking it a little more.... keep the MX-1 as is, but add an eyelevel EVF (for those open broadlight situations) and WIFI. name it whatever they want but keep it under the Pentax name. BTW, throw in a hotshoe! This minor changes will make a killer bridge camera!
You also need better and faster AF for continuous shooting and improved AF in general... less hunting more locking. Other than that, the little thing can perform and I love it.
03-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes it could be really nice evolution of MX1-1
But GR is pocket size camera, MX-1/2 is not so comfortable in pocket...
Attached Images

03-26-2015, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vjacesslav Quote
I am just curious,

What do you think?
I think that I read somewhere that Ricoh intends to badge all their compact camera offerings as Ricoh and all the dSLRs as Pentax... But weather-proofing the GR would be great!