Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

posting theta photos

I need to know I its possible to post theta photos on web sites. I'm a real estate photographer and I have a client who uses a particular website for their hotel where they can upload photos to. If anyone has a theta can you please let me know how handling its photos work. I would love to offer 360 degree photos as an option for him but just not sure. From everything I've heard it seems very restrictive on what you can do

05-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
YouTube suppots Theta photos if that's of any help.

Otherwise your clients would have to install the RICOH Theta app on their PC, then download and view the photos.
05-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh man so there really isn't a way to have it posted to a website? Not even facebook? I imagine YouTube is only for video and a pre selected panning
05-19-2015, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #4

I'm pretty sure it's possible to embed Theta photos on your own website. Upload the Theta photos to Ricoh's theta site, and the visit the photo page. There's an "Embed" button right next to the Twitter and Facebook buttons below the image. That gives you some HTML code you can copy and paste into your own page.

05-20-2015, 05:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
oh ok. This may work then!
05-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
oh ok. This may work then!
If you crop the photos or pan/zoom, you can post them like you would with any ordinary JPEG file.

You can also link or embed any photos you upload to theta360.com. They will be displayed in a 3d viewer similar to the theta desktop app.

As for youtube, they have rudimentary support for 360-degree videos, but this is only works in Chrome at the moment and requires you to run each video file through a special metadata program provided by Google.

More info on all this can be found here:
Ricoh Theta m15 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you crop the photos or pan/zoom, you can post them like you would with any ordinary JPEG file.

You can also link or embed any photos you upload to theta360.com. They will be displayed in a 3d viewer similar to the theta desktop app.

As for youtube, they have rudimentary support for 360-degree videos, but this is only works in Chrome at the moment and requires you to run each video file through a special metadata program provided by Google.

More info on all this can be found here:
Ricoh Theta m15 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
I didn't have to use any Google program. I simply converted the video via the Theta desktop app and uploaded to YouTube.

Let's see if this works:

If you are using Chrome and watching on YouTube you should be able to pan around the image. If you are watching the video embedded here on PentaxForums.com or on YouTube via others browsers will likely display a funhouse distortion of the video

EDIT: Here's another sample in bright light

As you can see, the IQ is better but still crap. The video codec just doesn't seem capable of handling movement all that well.

Last edited by johnmflores; 05-23-2015 at 07:22 PM.