Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here are the winners....

This was not easy for me to choose top 3 from this selection of images. Very good work on everyone's part. It was particularly tough for me because I'm partial to flower shots and to night photography, and we had good submissions in both those categories. Here are my picks.

Third place goes to chedoy for his samsung S650 shot.

I love the layers that the landscape makes in this image. Well seen and captured!

Second place goes to ishou80.

A very impressive image indeed. Capturing lightening isn't easy and this is a great image!

First place goes to barondla's Lx2 shot.

I really didn't want to hand the baton back to barondla...BUT this image is my favorite of the ones submitted...so...the only way to be fair to myself is to go with my favorite!

I want to thank each and every one of you who posted photos to this p&s contest and I hope you will continue to submit for future p&s contests here. You all have shown great work with your point and shoots. Proving once again that it isn't the equipment, it's the photographer behind the equipment!

07-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
[QUOTE=jgredline;281613]If I made it cool, if not cool. These where shot with MY fuji s100fs I had posted them in another forum so I copied and pasted here. Sorry, I am trying to sneak it in.

You are raising a fine young man Javier. Thank you for sharing both your photos and your story here.
07-02-2008, 05:00 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I want to thank each and every one of you who posted photos to this p&s contest and I hope you will continue to submit for future p&s contests here.
Thank YOU LaRee. Great choices. Congrats to the winners... well deserved. Nice work all!

BTW, a version of the photo I used here was selected for a book cover. I just got the proof of the book cover from the author.

Publish date looks like August some time. At that point I guess by association I'll be a published photographer... heh.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 07-02-2008 at 05:06 AM.
07-02-2008, 05:50 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Some spectacular shots this time out. Proof, if anyone needs it, that it's not the camera that takes the good pictures.

07-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Thank YOU LaRee. Great choices. Congrats to the winners... well deserved. Nice work all!

BTW, a version of the photo I used here was selected for a book cover. I just got the proof of the book cover from the author.

Publish date looks like August some time. At that point I guess by association I'll be a published photographer... heh.

woof!
Awesome, Simply Awesome...Great job Woof.
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #36

Thanks LaRee! Didn't expect to get in as all submitted photos are all very very nice.
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #37
Damn Brit

Congratulations to the top three.
Gary

07-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Honored to have image selected as a winner. Thanks LaRee for picking my image. Congratulations to the other winners.
The contest keeps on gaining momentum. Noticed over a 1000 views on contest #7. Keep up the good work everyone. Great shots.
Never thought I would see a lightning shot with a P&S. What timing. Awesome ishou80.
Woof, congratulations on the book cover. Getting published is a remarkeable feat. Sure can get in your blood! Do the book publishers know its a P&S camera photo? If not, don't tell them. Some can be equipment snobs. Love flower pictures but not very good at them. Trying to work on that.
Contests show you can't judge a photo by the size of the camera!
Thanks again
barondla

Working on getting contest #9 up and running.