Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 156 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Ricoh Theta S (I'm using the Theta S as my photo-a-day challenge for the month of April, so these are going to be coming through pretty consistently...)

These were taken at the Swine Pavilion! My fave photo spot. :-)

For this shot I set up the Theta on the mini Manfrotto tripod (so super handy!) and perched it in a terrifying way on the corner of the stair rail. I took two images using the WiFi trigger in the app, then used one image to clone myself out of the other image in PS Elements. It worked perfectly! Now I know that if I have a fairly static environment, I don't have to hide from the camera. I can just take a shot, move, and take another. It's probably an elementary discovery for spherical imaging, but I'm pretty pleased with myself.
Theta Image

This one is just the Theta S on a selfie stick standing on top of the mini Manfrotto. HDR capture with some toning-down of the kooky HDR colors, and a boost to contrast and clarity.
Theta Image
Super cool, these are really fun!

04-07-2016, 07:29 PM - 1 Like   #107
Veteran Member

Ricoh Theta S

After the Democratic Mass Meeting (a first for me!), I snuck upstairs to the Third Floor Courtroom to snap some spherical images I've been daydreaming about. :-)

Theta Image

Theta Image
04-09-2016, 01:51 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Ricoh Theta S

The archive room at the law office where I work. 30+ years worth of files!!? Why in the world are we keeping these?? lol

Theta Image

Theta Image

At the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art.

Theta Image

Theta Image
04-10-2016, 01:14 PM - 4 Likes   #109
Veteran Member

Theta S in the cherry blossoms

I fastened the Theta S' wrist strap around a branch, and then dangled it securely over a lower branch, to keep it stable. (You can see the wrist strap and blue bead if you look "up" - I corrected the orientation in Lightroom.) I was hiding on the other side of the trunk/densest flower layer and triggering the shutter from my Moto E. :-)

Theta Image

04-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
There continues to be great stuff here, folks. Very very creative. My brother got an S and comparing shots taken in the same place, it's a step up from the M15 for sure.

Here's some of my latest. This morning I paced my niece in her first 10k race.

Family selfie
Theta Image

Start
Theta Image

Mile 1
Theta Image

Finish
Theta Image
04-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
There continues to be great stuff here, folks. Very very creative. My brother got an S and comparing shots taken in the same place, it's a step up from the M15 for sure.

Here's some of my latest. This morning I paced my niece in her first 10k race.

Thetas are the best for selfies, and perfect for this type of "event" snapshots. Really fun! ^_^ TFS!
04-12-2016, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #112
Veteran Member

Ricoh Theta S

Theta Image

04-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Ricoh Theta S

(Most of) my collection. :-)

Theta Image
04-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ricoh Theta S

(Most of) my collection. :-)

Theta Image
Wow, that's a really nicely lighted photo!
04-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Ricoh Theta S

For this living room shot I used the HDR effect on a super long-necked tripod (I put a fully extended selfie stick on my Sirui with its legs at the shortest). Fired the shutter using the Android app.
Theta Image

ISO 800! Yikes! :-O Used the 5-second self-timer here and just ran away. Lucky those dogs didn't chase me!
Theta Image

At the Post Office this morning. :-)
Theta Image

Theta Image
04-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ricoh Theta S

For this living room shot I used the HDR effect on a super long-necked tripod (I put a fully extended selfie stick on my Sirui with its legs at the shortest). Fired the shutter using the Android app.
Theta Image

ISO 800! Yikes! :-O Used the 5-second self-timer here and just ran away. Lucky those dogs didn't chase me!
Theta Image

At the Post Office this morning. :-)
Theta Image

Theta Image
Love all your shots--the one above with the flowering tree was amazing!
04-18-2016, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Love all your shots--the one above with the flowering tree was amazing!
Thanks!

A few more from the Theta S

Long exposure in a car ride... could be much better - I'll be revisiting this staging.

Theta Image

And here's one in the snake pit! :-D This is a composite of two images, one with just the rat, and one with just the snake. I didn't want the snake to strike at the rat and bust up my Theta. The snake is Cocoa, one of my ball pythons, and the rat is a frozen/thawed sacrifice that I buy in bulk from MiceDirect.com. Feeding live animals is mostly cruel and definitely dangerous, so I'm glad all my snakes eat frodents (micicles).

Theta Image
04-18-2016, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #118
Veteran Member

Theta S

About halfway through my "Single in April" with the Theta S and I'm already giving in to selfies. ;-) ISO priority used here.

Theta Image
04-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #119
Veteran Member

These are some creative shots. Excellent work.

Thanks!

A few more from the Theta S

Long exposure in a car ride... could be much better - I'll be revisiting this staging.

Theta Image

And here's one in the snake pit! :-D This is a composite of two images, one with just the rat, and one with just the snake. I didn't want the snake to strike at the rat and bust up my Theta. The snake is Cocoa, one of my ball pythons, and the rat is a frozen/thawed sacrifice that I buy in bulk from MiceDirect.com. Feeding live animals is mostly cruel and definitely dangerous, so I'm glad all my snakes eat frodents (micicles).

Theta Image
04-19-2016, 12:25 PM   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, I need another camera like I need a hole in the head, but what a unique way to shoot. I was biking to work this morning and got to a street corner with a traffic accident on one corner, a construction worker on another, and shady, funky businesses on the other two. Would have made an amazing Theta shot!