Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter

theta 360 for real estate

I'm about to buy one for real estate photography. Is there anyone out there already doing this and what are some things to know?

06-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
I'm about to buy one for real estate photography. Is there anyone out there already doing this and what are some things to know?
I don't think it has the image quality needed. Low light performance is noise, dynamic range is limited, strong purple fringing.

Theta Image

And the viewing format is not universal - you either need to embed code or provide a link. For real estate you'd want to mount it on a tripod and operate it via a smartphone app that connects via wifi. But wifi will kill the battery pretty quickly so you'd better bring a charger.

It's a fun toy and all, but not quite a pro tool for real estate.
06-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
It's great if you're a buyer, the Theta really helps you remember the layout of each house. Could potentially be used for listings as well, but if you need high-res images I'd go for an ultra-wide lens like the Samyang 10mm.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: