Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
WG-M1: recommended stabilizer or gimbal?

Hi
Would any of you have any experience or recommendations for a stabilizer for the WG-M1? (Most of the smaller video stabilizers/gimbals I've seen are custom for GoPro or smart phones.)

I've been having fun with this camera since I got it in February, especially its still imaging. I don't know much about video, but that's why I originally got it.

I'd really like to get more interesting videos while skiing. I've tried modified pack-strap mounting, but resulting video is kind of boring for anyone but me.

08-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #2

I'm sorry that I can't point you in the right direction on this, as I have no experience with stabilizers. But I'm curious: what about the other stabilizers you mentioned precludes their use with the Ricoh?
08-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ephophex Quote
I'm sorry that I can't point you in the right direction on this, as I have no experience with stabilizers. But I'm curious: what about the other stabilizers you mentioned precludes their use with the Ricoh?
I guess my question was a little "lazy," but I ask mainly because I live in the boonies and have little way to see these stabilizers in person or get my paws on one to play with. The only unit I've ever seen - from Feiyu - had a custom-looking cradle that appeared to hold only gopro (their marketing says they'll also hold smart phones.) The WG-M1 is bigger and (at least to my amateur eye) would not fit in that unit. Other units have special brackets designed to hold smart phones or have special plugs exactly made for GoPro - again they appear too small to accommodate the WG-M1. I realize there are other "steadicam"/like models out there, some made to hold small DSLRs using the tripod mount. I will also call B & H or Adorama to inquire which models accommodate the WG-M1 for sure. Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has personal experience with any of these stabilizers or handheld gimbals and assure me that the Ricoh fits and does what they want it to. If anyone has used a stabilizer, what was your experience like? thanks.
Bob