Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #1

Ricoh Gr Teleconverter & outfit (Olympus A-200)

Hi everyone,
I had a look with some keywords inside the forum and it seems there aren't similar threads..I hope I'm note repeating.

Surfing on internet I found several people who wanted to achieve longer focal lenght with teleconverters, but given the 28mm wide aperture of GR there was always a strong vignette.
After a long-enough search I was able to find something that can be used with (at least for me) pretty decent results, so I thought some of you could be interested. Meanwhile I will share also the outfit I came up with, including tripod and complete case.

I use to keep mounted the Manfrotto mp3 d01, almost invisible (in grey like the GR Limited details)

as Teleconverter I found that the OLYMPUS A-200 has a rear thread of 49mm, so it fits perfectly the GH-3 from Ricoh with no need of other adapters

I also bougth the Ricoh GC-6 but I wanted the upper part of the case, so I had to buy the GX200 case on amazon and use the upper part, it fit nicely in my opinion. Then I bought and hand made black strap from a local
craftsman

the Olympus A-200 + GH-3 can obviously be used with GC-6

a sample shoot as it came from the camera
47mm

Now 47mm + 1.5x Olympus A-200 (you can see some sharpness fall-off in the corner, this is so far the best result I obtained from several teleconverters, and I must say fair enough for me)
btw, I didn't change aperture or shutter, so the light loss is not relevant with this front teleconverter

In the end, I didn't want the Manfrotto mp3 d01 to come out from the case, so I carved a space into the GC-6 lower part, now when closed they are at the same level.

This is my everyday kit, hope it can help if someone has similar ideas.

Cheers

10-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sweet!
10-31-2015, 03:31 AM   #3

Hi ilBrino ,
Thank you for sharing this, it's interesting .
Can you sharing with us some full size samples with the A-200 at 28mm and 35mm crop mode with different apertures from fully open to F11 ?

Thanks a lot