Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #1

New battery won't charge in Pentax SR Point and Shoot

I was not able to get my old battery to charge, so purchased a new one, and that one will not work the camera. The screen shows a fully charged battery, but as soon as I unplug the charger, the camera goes dead. I can take pictures when the camera is plugged in, but not with a battery, even a new one.
thanks anyone who can help

11-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I need to ask this but which camera model do you have? You say that it is a Pentax SR point and shoot, but the SR on Pentax cameras stand for Shake Reduction.

Is your Camera part of the Optio line of cameras?

Just taking a guess without knowing the model, I would say the charging circuit has gone bad and will not charge the batteries any more.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, battery won't charge, camera, charge, charge in pentax, pentax help, pentax sr, photography, troubleshooting