Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
Igilligan

Awsome shot LaRee. That FZ-30 + Tcon 17ed is an amazing combo as your photo shows. (when you are ready to sell your tcon...) haha

Last edited by Igilligan; 07-23-2008 at 11:30 PM.
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #17
Igilligan

Lava Flow

I know this is questionable at best...

But I feel like a proud papa... I sold my good friend (who had only shot disposable box cameras) my old fuji F20... He was in Hawaii at the same time our lovable (yet back challenged) Gary was there. He just emailed me this pick and I am so proud of him that I had to post this....
Attachment 15835
07-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tired to choose some that haven't been post processed excessively (something I tend to do to make me 7 year old camera look better). These have just been cropped plus saturation and sharpness adjustments.

Canon Powershot G2 - Point & shoot contest # 9
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G2  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G2  Photo 
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #19
Inactive Account

After attending the weekend evening mass and went home, I noticed these flowers in front of my entrance door, needless to say, after all the rain we were getting the whole week, I thought these flowers look beautiful with the water droplets on them. I went upstairs and grab my Pentax A40 and fired away these 2 shots, set at 7MP and with flash set at soft, I did not set to 12MP because I thought it is too much.

Cheers,

Rene

After The Rain 1

After The Rain 2

07-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Very nice p&s pics all around. Heres my contribution shot with fuji finepix f10. Its from my daughters flower garden in Northern Virginia

Last edited by ivoire; 04-12-2009 at 10:29 AM.
07-27-2008, 06:00 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LAST DAY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST! LETS SEE EVEN MORE ENTRIES!
Looking good so far.
thanks
barondla
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #22
Pentaxian

i saw this kodak Z1275 on woot.com for $79. since i was in the market for a p&s that i wouldn't worry about losing\damaging, i thought i'd pick one up. just got it and tried a quick test of the panoramic feature (it automatically stitches 3 pics together). not my best work, but i think this will be fun to use.

Last edited by ivoire; 04-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.
07-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Contest is now closed. Will pick the winners in the next few days. You guys didn't make it easy on me. Great entries.

thanks
barondla

07-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #24
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Tough contest to judge. Very nice entries. Sorry this took so long but had computer problems at home (doing this at work). Thanks boss.

3rd place Art Vandelay II "WOMAN AND BOATS" Really captures the feel of the surroundings and highlights the woman at the same time.

2nd place Damn Brit "CLOUDS OVER WATER". Amazing 3D quality. Takes me to the place. Almost hypnotic. Would print this as a mural.

1st place woof "SON OF WOOF". The young guy is incredible (sorry I called him a girl earlier). Looks older here. Great grab shot. Love the upside down composition. Nice use of B&W. The little guy should be in movies and commercials! Call Spielberg.

Runners up: In no particular order.

jgredline "BLUE HERON STANDING". Amazing how close you were able to get. Haven't done as well with my K10D and 400mm.

Skid2964 "LITTLE GIRL WITH RED HANDS". Really brings the mystery angle to the front. Why are her hands red and with what?

Igilligan "LAVA". I would be proud of a "student" that did that nice of an image. The quality is great and the subject is out of the ordinary. Tell your friend to keep shooting and please post here.

JETninja "LAGUNA SECA 500". You managed a very tough situation with a P&S camera. Good job. Like the feel of motion, with the streaking. This is one area where you will enjoy your new slr.

ivorie "BEE WITH RED FLOWERS" Beautiful color and tough shooting situation. Like the composition. Very clean. Nothing to distarct the eye.

OPTOMEKYX& "DEW DROP DRENCHED FLOWER". Flower looks so fresh and vital. Without a P&S you probably would have likely missed the shot. Nice camera choice too.

LaRee "SCRUB JAY" You have a knack for capturing incredible bird shots. Wish I did half as well. You should do a tutorial for us.

Thanks to all the photographers for entering the contest. Please enter the next one. Get busy shooting.

Your up woof!
thanks
barondla
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
When I saw Woofs entry, I new it was an up hill battle and basically we where fighting for second place...Well done woof . The second image is the one that sealed it i believe.
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Congratulations to all, there were some really stunning photos this time 'round and I have to admit that this takes me a little bit by surprise...

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
1st place woof "SON OF WOOF". The young guy is incredible (sorry I called him a girl earlier). Looks older here. Great grab shot. Love the upside down composition. Nice use of B&W. The little guy should be in movies and commercials! Call Spielberg.
barondla, thanks! We've talked about getting a portfolio of him together and knocking on some doors. Funny you mention Spielberg. He has a quality not unlike the kid in "AI" and is a total extrovert... he'd probably be great at it.

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline:
When I saw Woofs entry, I new it was an up hill battle and basically we where fighting for second place...Well done woof . The second image is the one that sealed it i believe.
Javier, thank you... You are too kind. I love that second one. I was not sure if the treatment of the eyes was too cheesy, but decided to try anyway. Both photos are a little soft which works well for portrait style candids like this.

Kind regards,

Seaain
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Congratulations all (m)

Great work to the place holders, and to ALL the entrants of this contest. This really is getting to be a very fun contest. Thanks to all for entering. You are all inspirational!
07-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #28
Igilligan

Congrats to the winners and to the the runner ups... some very nice images...

barondla you did a great job with the judging and I would have to agree with your choices.

I will let my friend know of your comments and encouragement... Honorable mention should spur him on! And you are right, I am so proud of him!
07-31-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
Damn Brit

Congrats to Woof and all the other runner ups.

Gary
07-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Skid2964 "LITTLE GIRL WITH RED HANDS". Really brings the mystery angle to the front. Why are her hands red and with what?
Thanks for including me as a runner up!

This will explain the red hands: