Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Lexar 64GB micro sdxc card doesn't work

I have the WG-M1 and for some reason it will not let me use the Lexar micro SD card I got for it. It wont format and it just gives a big error symbol in the shape of the card. Is there an issue with lexar? I've noticed that other lexar cards in my K-01 would delete photos or they didn't write to begin with

03-02-2016, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a) Make sure the SD card isn't locked. There is a "lock" button that often gets accidentally pushed in
b) Make sure the SD card works at all - try it in another camera, computer
c) Make sure the camera firmware is updated to the latest version. Many cameras did not have SD XC support originally, but it was added in firmware. There are many threads, tutorials and even youtube videos about this

Lexar usually makes fairly reputable SD cards. If my tips don't help, think about returning the card and getting either a replacement, or buying a Sandisk (often rated as the most reliable SD card brand; I avoid Sony and Panasonic SD cards)
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
I have the WG-M1 and for some reason it will not let me use the Lexar micro SD card I got for it. It wont format and it just gives a big error symbol in the shape of the card. Is there an issue with lexar? I've noticed that other lexar cards in my K-01 would delete photos or they didn't write to begin with
The WG-M1 does not support SDXC, only SDHC (<= 32Gb).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
oh