Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 03:27 AM   #1

Faulty Ricoh WG3

Hello,
There is a constant issue with my Ricoh WG3 . I'm able to shoot 2-3-5 videos and then focus block is stopped at some point and is not able to return to default position. This happens only with vids, but not with process of making photos. The camera has never been dropped or experienced any shock vibration. So, it seems to me this issue is some kind of bug or defects. Pls check camera's behavior after focus block is stuck
. Camera's serial number is 2507375

I've applied to local (St.Petersburg, Russia) authorized pentax service (zooma.ru) several times. They manually placed focus block to default position and camera was working until I started shooting videos. The other problem is Zooma refuses to follow pentax worldwide guarantee since I bought camera in German shop instead of buying directly from Zooma, however this Company is listed as pentax local representative. This means every time I apply to them I have to pay and I have already paid about eur 50 for fixing nothing. Last time they fixed my camera was on 11th of March, 2016 and the camera is not operational next day. Last time I applied them they told they provide NO guarantee for services they rendered for particular my camera.

To sum it all up, I'm an unhappy owner of faulty ricoh camera, local pentax representative is not able to fix the camera, but able to collect money for nothing.

Any advice how to figure these issues out is more than welcome!

Brgds,
Rodion

03-15-2016, 07:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How old is the camera? Since you bought it in the EU, you might be covered under the EU 2 year warranty rules:

Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe
03-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
How old is the camera? Since you bought it in the EU, you might be covered under the EU 2 year warranty rules:

Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe
It was bought on summer 2014.
I'm afraid if I send it to EU to fix the issue i'll face the same problems after 2-5 movies. Local service (zooma) is not capable to sort this issue even if paid.
03-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rokis Quote
It was bought on summer 2014.
I'm afraid if I send it to EU to fix the issue i'll face the same problems after 2-5 movies. Local service (zooma) is not capable to sort this issue even if paid.
I would likewise send it to an authorized repair facility. If they can't fix it, they may replace the camera for you.

I'd start by getting in touch with Johnson's Photopia or PM2S:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html

BTW, it's the Pentax WG-3, not Ricoh

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would likewise send it to an authorized repair facility. If they can't fix it, they may replace the camera for you.
The irony is mentioned Co. "Zooma" is an authorized pentax repair facility in Russia, they are mentioned in "worldwide service network" paper list coming with my camera:
Russia
Zooma
Varshavskaya str., 23/1, 196128 St.Petersburg

They failed to fix, but they took money (pls find checks attached) for repair assistance and they are not going to return this money back. They avoid confirming that they are not able to fix and they are not definitely going to replace the camera. Actually they are not concerned supporting original pentax camera that wasn't bought directly from them and I was told it's not their business what's happening with my original pentax camera.

What authorized repair facility should I apply to? Is there any pentax representative available on the forum?

PS.
Yes, it's pentax camera, you are right! But If I'm not mistaken ricoh bought pentax...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf zooma 1.pdf (400.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf zooma 2.pdf (424.4 KB, 37 views)
03-16-2016, 05:00 AM   #6

Original Poster
Had a conversation with Support Pentax UK, they advised to contact Pentax France since they are responsible for entire Europe. Pentax UK advised to deal with Co. "Pentar" (Russia) first which is listed as official distributor for entire Russia. Pentar said Co. Zooma is their daughter company and service center I had the camera repaired at is the same.

I'll try to figure this issue with the help of France.
03-21-2016, 05:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
Still no outcome from France... How are getting on with this tm cameras? I feel like I have bought cheap Chinese camera imitation.... Totally no support!!! It seems to me the best I can do is to throw this eur 300 camera into trash bin
03-25-2016, 03:16 AM   #8

Original Poster
Dealing with French Pentax I found no warranty exist for Russia except those cameras bought in Russia locally.
As results French Pentax offered:

***qte***
There is only 2 ways :
- Chargeable repair with replacement of the lens block
- Buy a new camera (locally, better for service issues and warranty)
***unqte***

To sum it all up:
This camera is my first pentax/ricoh camera. It's a real headache to deal with pentax support whether it's Russian or French. I paid eur 50 for repair services and camera is still faulty. I think this is the point I'd rather stop at: right place for this camera is a trash bin.

Think twice before buying Pentax/Ricoh WG-3