Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wg-m2

Are there any WG-M2 users on the forum? If you are here please share some experiences and photos. Thanks.

05-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You mean videos? I've got one on the way!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well sure. Either video or stills would be interesting. I will look forward to seeing what it does.
05-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There's plenty on YouTube.

06-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
WG-M2 in hand, learnings to date.....

We bought this to compliment our trip capture while working photo projects. Did the research, WG-M2, appeared to be far more cost effective than GoPro or SONY. It is a more friendly format (shape-size), offers all that GoPr0 does in image quality (exc some encoding pro editors like to have), great batteries, a pleasantly workable LCD interface (typical Pentax layout). Seals well, includes waterproof to 66ft (2Hrs). GoPro mounts are the way to go (you will need some GoPro to1/4x20 adapters for $2-3 USD each). GoPro users/ mount users have refined a lot of mounting options (helmets, handlebars, flat/curved surfaces, heads, arms, shoulders, backpack straps, etc).

Items I did not go GoPro on.... Joby Suction Cup Tripod, Joby pocket folding tripod (very handy), Smatree (Stick, based on 1/4x20 comes with GoPro mount), the Vivitar Mount "assortment" came with mine in a bundle, added the others. Bought 4 extra Batts...

Issues: Pentax does not yet have the "skin" in the US, or other dedicated accessories (bad move). I had to learn how to "loop" continuous recordings (comes with 8/25 minute "clip" setting and auto shutoff (setting). Extra protective covers should be available, as well as an adapter so longer lenses (extending reach/ narrowing field beyond "crop" setting. Would have liked better nomenclature inside the back door for low light (HDMI and USB sockets could use some differentiation)...

Bought the silver one to drop "visibility" for Urban traffic use (recording motorists when you are on a recumbent trike is a hoot),...

I'll post some clips when I have something worth seeing... but 100% happy so far. Kills the GoPros for usability (I had borrowed one).....

PS... The Android App/Link (on a Moto Droid Turbo), works GREAT!!!
09-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Theres a NEW review on here that isn't that flattering.I was tossing up the Ricoh and the Olympus Tracker which has a complicated menu apparently.
09-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #7

Hello. I purchased the WG-M2 to catch roadside landscapes. I have previously used a Hero 3 quite successfully. The Ricoh has performed well and is very compact. My issue is the 205 degrees lens that produces fish-eye like images. The camera menu has an option for a narrower lens (150) but it is disabled on my camera (is greyed out with aline through it).

I have looked for firmware upgrades and looked at menus in different modes to no avail. I can supply photos when I am off the road.

Thanks

09-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scoresby6 Quote
Hello. I purchased the WG-M2 to catch roadside landscapes. I have previously used a Hero 3 quite successfully. The Ricoh has performed well and is very compact. My issue is the 205 degrees lens that produces fish-eye like images. The camera menu has an option for a narrower lens (150) but it is disabled on my camera (is greyed out with aline through it).

I have looked for firmware upgrades and looked at menus in different modes to no avail. I can supply photos when I am off the road.

Thanks
If you change the video setting from 4K to 1080 (Camera Settings menu), does it allow you to pick "Narrow"? Mine does, 4K or Still image, Burst, or High speed stills lock it wide as well... Hope this helps....
09-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
If you change the video setting from 4K to 1080 (Camera Settings menu), does it allow you to pick "Narrow"? Mine does, 4K or Still image, Burst, or High speed stills lock it wide as well... Hope this helps....
That hint worked thanks.
05-08-2018, 02:42 AM   #10

Web Firmware update RICOH WG-M2 - PENTAX Foto

RICOH WG-M2 - Descargas

WG-M2 firmware.zip