Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking for a GoPro replacement...

EDIT:
I'm going to simplify this thread...

I lost my GoPro 3+ in the ocean last week.

Does anyone here own a GoPro and or a replacement brand, if so post your comments/suggestions below!

I'm looking at the Ricoh WG-M2 in particular, but I can easily be swayed to another company, even back to GoPro if I can't find anything better...

It can even be a point and shoot, just has to be submersible up to 25ft minimum

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 05-19-2016 at 06:58 AM.
05-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Do you have a lot of GoPro-type accessories? If so, look at the Dazzne P2+ (make sure it's the "plus"). It has a rear screen, waterproof case, does 2K @ 30fps, but also 1080p @60fps and has built-in stabilization (by oversampling, only in 1080p). About $80 on Amazon.

Only downside is that the "Mic" designation on the USB port is erroneous (no mic input), and with the waterproof case on, it records almost no sound at all.
05-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have 2 because my husband and I are whitewater kayakers. i have looked for alternatives because i wanted a camera that had more zoom but the picture quality or camera speed (fps) was never fast enough to meet my needs. did you have a floaty on the gopro case when you lost it? sorry that happen. if someone has a better solution i would love to hear it as well