Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2008, 05:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaryleTilroe Quote
I also tried the suggestion of turning down Contrast, etc. but did not notice a significant reduction in noise.
I'm sort of hoping that Pentax will come out with a firmware upgrade to fix this ASAP, and allow the camera to keep whatever settings you have on when you turn it off (like custom ISO).

With the recessed lens and wide angle of the lens, I find myself sticking my fingers in the pics a lot

Pat

07-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Looking at the images above, WHAT IS IT with P+S cameras and this magenta/red blush skin tone? My FX01 does exactly the same thing, it's immensly annoying.
08-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #18

What is the wide angle "mode". Is the lens a wide angle or not? Have 2 Optio W30s and my only complaint is that they are not wide angle. So I just bought a W60 which should be here soon. Please don't tell me that the wide angle is some kind of electronic kluge.
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nah it is pretty darn wide...

If you take a picture with left hand your fingers sticking straight out a bit, they'll be in frame...

Pat

08-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #20
Veteran Member

OK I have owned one for 2 days.

- Images are quite noisy even at ISO50 but not a lot of NR, compared to my Panasonic something like grass is WAY better with the pentax

- If I re-size to 6MP I get better images than my FX01 but you need to NAIL the exposure

- Related to this, there is ZERO DR room, get it wrong and it all goes to hell

- The FX01 is capable of far, far better images but panasonic screwed themselves with the heavy NR, the FX01 lens is a stunner

- I usually print at 4x6 when using a P+S as this is my social camera, re-sized to 1800*1200 images are better than the FX01

- This thing is JAMMED with features, some of the issues people are complaining about are all fixable in the menu system, use P mode people!

butttttttttt.......

Movie mode is a freakin disaster. Playing witht he menu gets rid of the annoying noises (I swear users don't flick through the menu) but the video quality is atrocious! I mean atrocious. A washed out mess, an absolute debacle. i wil try a new one tomorrow but if it is the same then I am returning it. I use my compact as a handcam on vacationand these movies are diabolical.

I will post samples when/if i get time.
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Hi, I have this P/S gadget for some time, and I wrote something about it on my blog, but it is in Croatian.
But pictures are universal, so if you are interested in pictures, my blog is here:
MY Pentax blog
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Kresica Quote
Hi, I have this P/S gadget for some time, and I wrote something about it on my blog, but it is in Croatian.
But pictures are universal, so if you are interested in pictures, my blog is here:
MY Pentax blog
Just look thru all the pics, W60 is noticeably better than W30. Too bad your blog is not in english, otherwise I think you would get a lot more visitors. Thanks for doing that.
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Thanks for your report, Pat.

I read a review of the W30, and how it was evaluated better than the Oly waterproof.

I plan on getting the W60, as a water camera.
Regarding high Iso, Sean Reid from www.reidreviews.com, told how many used P&S cameras in black and white, from higher Iso pictures. And several of these Pro's using them for this, liked the grainy drawing. (But these were fairly advanced digicams though).

10-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kresica Quote
MY Pentax blog
Nice Pics, wish I could read what they all are, but your right, photos are universal in translation.
10-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #25
Veteran Member

W60

Had the W60 for approx 2 weeks now. I am EXTREMELY happy with the camera. I posted over in the photo section but had less interest than my nan in a wet T shirt competition at the Oxford Tavern. So, I shall post some more shots here.

Comments are welcome, thanks.

Regards
Peter
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo     
10-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #26
Veteran Member

W60

More shots from the top pocket W60:

Peter
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo     
10-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #27
Veteran Member

More W60

Last one,

Peter
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo 
10-30-2008, 12:51 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I would also like to add that the vid feature is not a disaster. In capable hands, the HD vid is acceptable. Why would anyone buy a p/s camera to complain about the video function, jeez.
For a camera that can get reefed out of my pocket, hands covered in fish guts, start & focus in 5 seconds and perform is a bonus and a marvel for me.

Peter
10-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #29
Veteran Member

W60

Can't help myself. First pic is a nosiy one as it was dig zoom and I was shaking from the excitement of a big fish on.

Peter
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo   

Last edited by hooppjs; 10-30-2008 at 01:08 AM. Reason: more info
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hooppjs Quote
Had the W60 for approx 2 weeks now. I am EXTREMELY happy with the camera. I posted over in the photo section but had less interest than my nan in a wet T shirt competition at the Oxford Tavern. So, I shall post some more shots here.

Comments are welcome, thanks.

Regards
Peter
Thanks for posting, what is the last picture with the two iguanas ?

Also a fun picture, the one with drops on the lens