Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh Theta camera case

I've had my Theta for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with its' ease of use and stills quality. Video not so much but that's mainly to do with the number of compressions before it gets to YouTube.

But my main worry is that the lenses seem very vulnerable and the slip case only seems to provide minimal protection.

So I wonder if anyone out there has found any better solution and/or a way of avoiding laying it down while the USB lead is attached.

06-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

https://www.amazon.com/CAMSAFE-Water-Resistant-Customizable-Spherical-Panora...5SYR9D7QH7AAGH

Looks legit.

Eric
06-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You could put it on a little table top tripod while the cable is attached. Ricoh recently came out with this little thingamajig that mounts onto your tripod, but has a small diameter, so it leaves the ports of the Theta accessible.

TE-1 EXTENSION ADAPTER FOR THETA | Ricoh Imaging

As far as my usage is concerned, the neoprene case that came with the Theta S seems perfectly substantial, but YMMV.
06-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the input ... sadly Amazon in the UK don't offer this case and US won't ship it so I must get it via a family member in Oregon, it does look like just what I want.

And the extension adapter looks great, I'll order one right away, at least I will as soon as it's available in UK