Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
help with IQZoom140

A family friend, whose husband passed away, gave me some of his old cameras. Most of them still had film in them, so I was going to send them all off to be developed. One of the cameras, the IQZoom 140, won't turn on, and has film in it. We got a new battery ($15 for 2 batteries, wow!) and still won't turn on. Does anyone have an idea of how I can rewind the film and get it out without exposing it? I assume the camera is a loss, so I just care about getting the film out.

06-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
A family friend, whose husband passed away, gave me some of his old cameras. Most of them still had film in them, so I was going to send them all off to be developed. One of the cameras, the IQZoom 140, won't turn on, and has film in it. We got a new battery ($15 for 2 batteries, wow!) and still won't turn on. Does anyone have an idea of how I can rewind the film and get it out without exposing it? I assume the camera is a loss, so I just care about getting the film out.
You can always go in a darkroom (or a dark room ) and pop the film out to rewind it manually. Just make sure it's pitch dark.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can always go in a darkroom (or a dark room ) and pop the film out to rewind it manually. Just make sure it's pitch dark.
Thanks, I was hoping there was a manual override but I guess I can do that.
06-26-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

Pentax film camera rewind

This camera should have a manual rewind option, There should be a recessed button to manually rewind the film. There is often a marking by he button that looks like the end of a film cassette with some arrows
pointing into it. Push this button in with a tip of a ball point pen or the projection on the carry strap clasp. I don't remember this camera for sure but his is normal for Pentax power wind cameras or other make
cameras for that matter.
Of coarse it the motor or wiring is toast you will have to pull the film out in a dark room or changing bag.

Dsturgis

06-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dean45 Quote
This camera should have a manual rewind option, There should be a recessed button to manually rewind the film. There is often a marking by he button that looks like the end of a film cassette with some arrows
pointing into it. Push this button in with a tip of a ball point pen or the projection on the carry strap clasp. I don't remember this camera for sure but his is normal for Pentax power wind cameras or other make
cameras for that matter.
Of coarse it the motor or wiring is toast you will have to pull the film out in a dark room or changing bag.

Dsturgis
yes it;s not working at all, I bought 2 new batteries and the camera won't turn on. I was hoping there was a manual rewind option in the camera. I still haven't taken it out because I can't find a place in my house without light leaks.
06-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #6

Pentax film camera rewind

If you don't have a changing bag you make do in a dark room with a heavy jacket that you can tie closed at the neck & Waist. You reach in thru the arms of the jacket to the camera you placed in before hand.
The jacket should have a separate liner & heavy outer fabric I have managed with a jacket no heavier than a Army field Jacket
Alternatively if you take the film to a processing mini lab, not just dropping it off at a store they may have a changing bag.

dsturgis
06-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dean45 Quote
If you don't have a changing bag you make do in a dark room with a heavy jacket that you can tie closed at the neck & Waist. You reach in thru the arms of the jacket to the camera you placed in before hand.
The jacket should have a separate liner & heavy outer fabric I have managed with a jacket no heavier than a Army field Jacket
Alternatively if you take the film to a processing mini lab, not just dropping it off at a store they may have a changing bag.

dsturgis

Oh thanks, I think I we may have a jacket like that! The closest lab is about an hour away. I was thinking I may have to send it out if I can't find a place closer.