Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 07:39 AM   #1

Pentax Optio W80 Error Message Built In Memory Full

After four or five years of service I developed a problem with my Optio W80.

When I power on or attempt to take a photo I get an error "Built-in Memory Full". I have an SD card in the camera and, from what I have read, the camera should recognize the SD card and not try to rely on the built in memory. I've tried two different SD cards and stil get the error.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

07-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take the memory card out.
Turn the camera on.
Bring up any images stored in the internal memory.
Delete them all.

The camera should work with a memory card, but I seem to remember having the same type issue once.
Also, format the memory card in the camera.
07-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
normhead, thanks for your recommendations. I followed them and it worked like a charm. Again, my thanks.

Follow on question.....is there a way to transfer photo which are in memory to the SD card?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, card, error, memory, optio, optio w80 error, pentax help, pentax optio w80, photography, sd, troubleshooting, w80, w80 error message