Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 02:05 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you so much for the Honorable Mention.

01-02-2017, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So many great images this month, congrats to zman and the other winners--and I'm glad to be among them. On to January!
01-02-2017, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to Titia, Ephen, Jacquot and especially zman of course!
Thanks to dustyroads for running a really fine contest!
Hope to see you all again in the January contest
01-03-2017, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

The next competition: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/7-pentax-compact-cameras/336838-point-sho...108-music.html

01-04-2017, 12:41 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't laugh... but a day late and a dollar short is sometimes true. It's supposed to snow this weekend 2-6 inches. Sigh. LOL. It's 60 degrees right now.
02-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by dustyroadphotos Quote
Thank you to all who participated in the December P&S contest, BLACK on SNOW. It is a busy month and several folks live where there is no snowfall, so I appreciate the lovely photos there were submitted. I narrowed it down to 4 shots and it was difficult to chose between these. Having never been in a position to choose the winner before, I feel humbled by it. Even so, here we go, it was difficult.

The Finalists and Winner :

3rd Place - Ehpen - Shot with the 1960 Olympus PEN on Quadra Island. What a great shot with that heavy snow on the branches and the black rails of the fence and blackness of the lane in the right foreground - Excellent Photo

2nd Place - Jacquot - Shot with the iPhone 7s . Definitely some black on snow in this one, and I love the added golden hue of those leaves. Makes me want to walk among those trees. Well Done.

1st Place and Winner - zman - Shot with the Pentax M1- The play of light and shadows on the snow, is wonderful. The blackness of those trees with the sunshine in the background, gets my 1st Place Vote. Congratulations Zman

Honourable Mention:

Titia - the Pentax Optio W20 with those Drench Heath Sheep - a real storyteller that one!

Congratulations to all. Zman, I know you will find a great subject for the JANUARY P&S contest. Looking forward to it.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/7-pentax-compact-cameras/334955-point-sho...lack-snow.html
Many (belated) thanks for the 3rd place decision! I've been so busy that I had to ignore mail notifications for a while. But that doesn't mean it wasn't very much appreciated.

Since this contest we have had more snow in a few weeks than we have all together in many years, which magical thinking could blame on me wishing for something to shoot for this contest!