Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-04-2016, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #1

Pentax Optio S (2003) - my first digital camera

I just found my old Pentax Optio S from back in the day - and it still works....

Took it through four countries until I switched to a more serious camera - reminds me of many people now switch back to simple smartphone cameras

I did upload some image and video samples for fun, the macro images are surprisingly good, but normal and tele range is weaker than any modern smartphone now (even with digital cropping).

Super macro mode (7cm distance):

12-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They were solid little cameras back in the day. My son was using my old Optio S40 until last year when he got a 16.1 MP Sony Cyber-Shot with 6X optical zoom for his birthday. The S40 still works too! Now he's asking when I will upgrade my K-5II to a K-3II. He has let me know that the K-5II will be an excellent starter DSLR for him:-)
12-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
I wonder if it will ever become a trend to collect old point and shooters - or will they remain the obsolete toys of yesteryear?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, digital camera, macro, optio, pentax, pentax cameras, pentax optio, point and shoot, smartphone