Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Certainly not instruments you see everyday. And don't forget the accordionist. I'd like to hear their sound.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 06:55 AM ----------

Makes me think about all the talented people who are just waiting for that one break. It's a fine line.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 06:59 AM ----------

These are some fine pics, but not really in the theme of our monthly contest, "Music". Feel free to send in a few more reflecting "Music" and join in the fun.
Woops, thought this was just a generic point and shoot images thread o.o. didn't fully read the thread/title.

01-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fralexandr Quote
Woops, thought this was just a generic point and shoot images thread o.o. didn't fully read the thread/title.
Well, you know now, and are most welcomed to participate. C'mon and send in some music related pics. Anything remotely related to music works.
01-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote
Previously posted this image elsewhere on the site.

Shot with Optio WPi at F3.3 1/40s resized to 1024 x 768, no cropping or PP.

Musicians of note for fans of certain genres of music - Tim O'Brien on the mandolin, Rhiannon Giddens on the fiddle, Craig Korth on the banjo.
QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote
Shot with Pentax Optio WPi, resized to 1024 x 768, no cropping or PP.

Les Finnigan, recognized by many who have visited Granville Island in Vancouver. Image from almost 10 years ago - he hadn't quite worn a "Trigger" sized hole in his guitar yet (a la Willie Nelson), but he was well on his way.
Two great entries and right on theme.
01-14-2017, 05:50 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter

Holton H279 french horn, taken with a Pentax MX-1 in 1cm macro mode at f/1.8 to try to maximize that brass bokeh.

01-14-2017, 06:14 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Holton H279 french horn, taken with a Pentax MX-1 in 1cm macro mode at f/1.8 to try to maximize that brass bokeh.
I'd say you achieved your goal with that lovely "bubble" bokeh. Wonderful macro shot. Had and sold my MX-1. Never could get used to not having a viewfinder, but it is a terrific camera other than that.
01-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd say you achieved your goal with that lovely "bubble" bokeh. Wonderful macro shot. Had and sold my MX-1. Never could get used to not having a viewfinder, but it is a terrific camera other than that.
The Olympus XZ-2 is virtually the same camera and offers an electronic viewfinder option.

I have the Panasonic LX-7 and the EVF for it. I use the EVF infrequently but it does help in harsh lighting where the LCD would be washed out and hard to see.
01-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The Olympus XZ-2 is virtually the same camera and offers an electronic viewfinder option.

I have the Panasonic LX-7 and the EVF for it. I use the EVF infrequently but it does help in harsh lighting where the LCD would be washed out and hard to see.
I found a nice Black Friday deal and jumped into the m4/3 mirrorless market. Really enjoying my Olympus E-M10 and have already picked up a couple of used lenses for it. So small and light but with great features and images.
01-15-2017, 05:29 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Wonderful bokeh!

01-21-2017, 06:58 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yikes ! 10 days left for the January contest and only seven entries Seems like I picked an uninspiring topic.

Here's a pic from the grandson's school recital to hopefully garner some enthusiasm. Taken with my Fuji X10.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
01-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

Yikes ! 10 days left for the January contest and only seven entries Seems like I picked an uninspiring topic.

Here's a pic from the grandson's school recital to hopefully garner some enthusiasm. Taken with my Fuji X10.
It isn't uninspiring, I just haven't had much opportunity to take any pictures to fit the theme. Past music shots used disallowed cameras.
01-22-2017, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter

It's absolutely not that your theme is uninspiring, but I have very little opportunity to make music related photos. I'm a landscape photograper and I live way out in open country and only the birds make music overhere. I write about that, but that doesn't fit your theme LOL
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 

Last edited by Titia; 01-22-2017 at 03:58 AM.
01-22-2017, 04:42 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
It's absolutely not that your theme is uninspiring, but I have very little opportunity to make music related photos. I'm a landscape photograper and I live way out in open country and only the birds make music overhere. I write about that, but that doesn't fit your theme LOL
What a very nice piece of work. Thanks for sharing that with us all.
01-22-2017, 05:23 AM   #28
Site Supporter

Thanks, that's what I do besides a lot of other things, but I just noticed a typo in the first stance LOL it's symphony should be its symphony, but I don't see a way to replace the image.
01-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

Taken at the Toledo Museum of Art with the wife's Sony DSC-H20
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-FH25  Photo 
01-23-2017, 05:18 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Taken at the Toledo Museum of Art with the wife's Sony DSC-H20
A wonderful piece of art in its own right. Reminds me of our "mighty" Wurlitzer organ here in my hometown. I wonder if they still manufacture pipe organs today ?
A very nice image exhibiting symmetry.