Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2017, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,292
Not exactly sure why, but it felt right. iPhone 7s.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
01-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Terry C's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North west Tasmania.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 147
QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Cute. Brings a smile to my face reminding me of Kermit the Frog. Not sure if the Muppets fame made it to your part of the world. I notice your avatar is also a metal sculpture. Another of your talents ?
I am a retired engineer, but the metal sculptures are not mine. The avatar refers to my past life as a cycle racer, and in fact I still manage 150 - 200 kms a week.
01-29-2017, 06:55 PM   #48
Pentaxian
zman's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western NY
Photos: Albums
Posts: 479
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
I am a retired engineer, but the metal sculptures are not mine. The avatar refers to my past life as a cycle racer, and in fact I still manage 150 - 200 kms a week.
I also enjoy riding my bike, but my average is 200 kms per summer

---------- Post added 01-29-17 at 08:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Not exactly sure why, but it felt right. iPhone 7s.
At first I didn't get the tie -in with the theme, but the more I looked at it I began seeing a keyboard. Nicely inventive !
01-30-2017, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,341
Zman, I always enjoy listening to Neil Young. That is his Pono Player. He hired Ayre Acoustics to build it because nothing else sounded good to him. He posts on ponomusic.com. Check out the forum.

Bart, I think the M&J sound very good. They are high tech, using 2 drivers in each earcup. A 40mm dynamic driver for bass and a 40mm electrostatic flat panel driver for mids and highs. They are like 2 way home speakers.

Thanks
barondla

02-01-2017, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian
zman's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western NY
Photos: Albums
Posts: 479
Original Poster
And the winner is ...

Wow ! January certainly flew by (at least for me) and brings us to the end of another P&S competition. I had a nice selection of entries to look at and "Thank" everyone for their participation. Here are the finalists and winner :


3rd Place - "Salsa Dancing" by Titia. I like the movement and colors of this abstract rendition. You never know what you're going to get when you use a longer exposure to enhance motion, and that's half the fun.

2nd Place - "Piano Window" by Bart. A lot of my favorite things in this shot. Old architecture, B&W, but the thing that impressed me most was Bart's attention to detail in seeing that piano keyboard. I know I probably wouldn't have recognized that.

1st Place - "French Horn" by Sluggo. Terrific macro with lovely bokeh and rich color. That MX-1 is a nice little camera. I wish Ricoh would do a followup model with a electronic viewfinder.

Thanks again to all the contestants and "Congratulations" to our winners. Sluggo, looking forward to your February P&S Contest.
02-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Waterlandkerkje
Posts: 61
QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Wow ! January certainly flew by (at least for me) and brings us to the end of another P&S competition. I had a nice selection of entries to look at and "Thank" everyone for their participation. Here are the finalists and winner :


3rd Place - "Salsa Dancing" by Titia. I like the movement and colors of this abstract rendition. You never know what you're going to get when you use a longer exposure to enhance motion, and that's half the fun.

2nd Place - "Piano Window" by Bart. A lot of my favorite things in this shot. Old architecture, B&W, but the thing that impressed me most was Bart's attention to detail in seeing that piano keyboard. I know I probably wouldn't have recognized that.

1st Place - "French Horn" by Sluggo. Terrific macro with lovely bokeh and rich color. That MX-1 is a nice little camera. I wish Ricoh would do a followup model with a electronic viewfinder.

Thanks again to all the contestants and "Congratulations" to our winners. Sluggo, looking forward to your February P&S Contest.
OMG Just noticed myself on 3th place. Thanks. I had no idea when I made this photo how it would come out. It was rather dark in that place and I'm not so good with shutterspeeds and apertures etc. so I started to play around with my camera.

Congrats to second and first place (really clever take on the theme).
02-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #52
Pentaxian
zman's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western NY
Photos: Albums
Posts: 479
Original Poster
Sent a PM to Sluggo notifying him that he won the January contest. Can't wait to see what he has in mind for February.
02-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sluggo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ames, Iowa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 611
Woot, thanks! I'll try to come up with something in the next few hours. Do I just start a thread using the first post from this one as a template, edited with the new theme, contest number, and dates? Or is there more to it than that?

And just for the record: I don't miss having a viewfinder on the MX-1. Like most of us, I use several cameras, and the MX-1 has a definite niche for me which is all about the articulating screen and fun perspectives and almost never shooting at eye level. Just my experience with it.

02-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,341
Congrats Sluggo. It is fine to use a front page of a previous contest as template. Just remember to change the date to reflect your contest.
Thanks
barondla
02-03-2017, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sluggo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ames, Iowa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 611
Okay, the February contest thread is up!
02-04-2017, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #56
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2007
Location: WW community of Pentax users
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,172
Congratulations to Titia and especially Sluggo!
Thanks, zman. A fun contest.

I see the next one is already up
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, camera, cameras, canyon, contest, digital camera, entries, fixed-lens, format, image, music, optio, pentax cameras, point and shoot, post, pp, rules, shot, wpi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Point & Shoot Competition #107 - Black on Snow dustyroadphotos Pentax Compact Cameras 50 02-11-2017 01:17 PM
Point & Shoot Competition #106 - Hometown Tourist Spots zman Pentax Compact Cameras 53 01-02-2017 01:45 AM
Point & Shoot Competition #102 - Clouds UncleVanya Pentax Compact Cameras 44 08-02-2016 05:58 PM
Point & Shoot Competition #101 - Mates onlineflyer Pentax Compact Cameras 41 07-09-2016 06:23 AM
Point & Shoot Competition #50 ivoire Pentax Compact Cameras 118 02-04-2012 05:26 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top