Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2017, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not exactly sure why, but it felt right. iPhone 7s.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
01-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Cute. Brings a smile to my face reminding me of Kermit the Frog. Not sure if the Muppets fame made it to your part of the world. I notice your avatar is also a metal sculpture. Another of your talents ?
I am a retired engineer, but the metal sculptures are not mine. The avatar refers to my past life as a cycle racer, and in fact I still manage 150 - 200 kms a week.
01-29-2017, 06:55 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
I am a retired engineer, but the metal sculptures are not mine. The avatar refers to my past life as a cycle racer, and in fact I still manage 150 - 200 kms a week.
I also enjoy riding my bike, but my average is 200 kms per summer

---------- Post added 01-29-17 at 08:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Not exactly sure why, but it felt right. iPhone 7s.
At first I didn't get the tie -in with the theme, but the more I looked at it I began seeing a keyboard. Nicely inventive !
01-30-2017, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zman, I always enjoy listening to Neil Young. That is his Pono Player. He hired Ayre Acoustics to build it because nothing else sounded good to him. He posts on ponomusic.com. Check out the forum.

Bart, I think the M&J sound very good. They are high tech, using 2 drivers in each earcup. A 40mm dynamic driver for bass and a 40mm electrostatic flat panel driver for mids and highs. They are like 2 way home speakers.

Thanks
barondla

02-01-2017, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And the winner is ...

Wow ! January certainly flew by (at least for me) and brings us to the end of another P&S competition. I had a nice selection of entries to look at and "Thank" everyone for their participation. Here are the finalists and winner :

3rd Place - "Salsa Dancing" by Titia. I like the movement and colors of this abstract rendition. You never know what you're going to get when you use a longer exposure to enhance motion, and that's half the fun.

2nd Place - "Piano Window" by Bart. A lot of my favorite things in this shot. Old architecture, B&W, but the thing that impressed me most was Bart's attention to detail in seeing that piano keyboard. I know I probably wouldn't have recognized that.

1st Place - "French Horn" by Sluggo. Terrific macro with lovely bokeh and rich color. That MX-1 is a nice little camera. I wish Ricoh would do a followup model with a electronic viewfinder.

Thanks again to all the contestants and "Congratulations" to our winners. Sluggo, looking forward to your February P&S Contest.
02-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Wow ! January certainly flew by (at least for me) and brings us to the end of another P&S competition. I had a nice selection of entries to look at and "Thank" everyone for their participation. Here are the finalists and winner :

3rd Place - "Salsa Dancing" by Titia. I like the movement and colors of this abstract rendition. You never know what you're going to get when you use a longer exposure to enhance motion, and that's half the fun.

2nd Place - "Piano Window" by Bart. A lot of my favorite things in this shot. Old architecture, B&W, but the thing that impressed me most was Bart's attention to detail in seeing that piano keyboard. I know I probably wouldn't have recognized that.

1st Place - "French Horn" by Sluggo. Terrific macro with lovely bokeh and rich color. That MX-1 is a nice little camera. I wish Ricoh would do a followup model with a electronic viewfinder.

Thanks again to all the contestants and "Congratulations" to our winners. Sluggo, looking forward to your February P&S Contest.
OMG Just noticed myself on 3th place. Thanks. I had no idea when I made this photo how it would come out. It was rather dark in that place and I'm not so good with shutterspeeds and apertures etc. so I started to play around with my camera.

Congrats to second and first place (really clever take on the theme).
02-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sent a PM to Sluggo notifying him that he won the January contest. Can't wait to see what he has in mind for February.

02-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Woot, thanks! I'll try to come up with something in the next few hours. Do I just start a thread using the first post from this one as a template, edited with the new theme, contest number, and dates? Or is there more to it than that?

And just for the record: I don't miss having a viewfinder on the MX-1. Like most of us, I use several cameras, and the MX-1 has a definite niche for me which is all about the articulating screen and fun perspectives and almost never shooting at eye level. Just my experience with it.
02-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Sluggo. It is fine to use a front page of a previous contest as template. Just remember to change the date to reflect your contest.
Thanks
barondla
02-03-2017, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

Okay, the February contest thread is up!
02-04-2017, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #56
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Titia and especially Sluggo!
Thanks, zman. A fun contest.

I see the next one is already up