Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2017, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
At the Harbour of IJmuiden in the Netherlands.
Two most intriguing images!
I can only guess what I'm looking at

the bottom of a glass with ice cubes?

a fishing net?

03-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Such a nice contradiction between the old and the new.

Love the colors and composition in this photo.
Thank you Titia. I love that little Nikon.
03-14-2017, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Two most intriguing images!
I can only guess what I'm looking at

the bottom of a glass with ice cubes?

a fishing net?
Indeed old and broken fishing nets and ropes, piled up to be removed and destroyed or recycled.
03-26-2017, 04:37 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Great entries so far, keep them coming. One more week to go. It's fun to look for opportunities as you go about a normal day! I'll be traveling this week, but am looking forward to seeing new work.
David

03-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Here's a shot from my phone, taken one day on my commute home as I waited for the light-rail. Nothing fancy, just fun reflection in a parking lot puddle.

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 09-29-2017 at 10:49 PM.
03-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Q w/01 lens. Handheld window shooting at night.
thanks for looking
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-30-2017, 08:15 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last entry: I haven't been active lately, because it's lambing season. These two were born two days ago. My Drenthe Heath Sheep, the oldest and rare native Dutch sheep breed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
04-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Here's a shot from my phone, taken one day on my commute home as I waited for the light-rail. Nothing fancy, just fun reflection in a parking lot puddle.

Jim
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Pentax Q w/01 lens. Handheld window shooting at night.
thanks for looking
barondla
Last entry: I haven't been active lately, because it's lambing season. These two were born two days ago. My Drenthe Heath Sheep, the oldest and rare native Dutch sheep breed.
Excellent entries on the theme!

Adorable lambs, Titia!
04-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just returned... Thanks to all for the great entries, I'll post the winner tomorrow!
David
04-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
First prize goes to Titia for the wonderful photograph "At the Harbour of IJmuiden in the Netherlands." These bundles of rope are ordinary for fishermen and people near them, but here are seemingly transformed into lumbering quadrapeds, one somewhat groomed and the other a bit less so. It made for instant surprise and a smile. Very well seen and photographed.

A very close Second prize goes to RAART for the second photograph, that actually had me understand the first (which totally stumped me). A glass of ice and liquid transformed into mystery and abstraction.

Honorable mention goes to the entry by Wissink, the first entry this month, that also made me smile. Nice way of seeing an everyday friend! The emotion of that instant is well conveyed. Don't stay away long again.

Thanks to all! Great to see ways of meeting the everyday newly. That's a big reason I carry a camera of some kind with me always. Happy seeing to all! On to April...

Jacquot
04-02-2017, 03:03 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
First prize goes to Titia for the wonderful photograph "At the Harbour of IJmuiden in the Netherlands." These bundles of rope are ordinary for fishermen and people near them, but here are seemingly transformed into lumbering quadrapeds, one somewhat groomed and the other a bit less so. It made for instant surprise and a smile. Very well seen and photographed.

A very close Second prize goes to RAART for the second photograph, that actually had me understand the first (which totally stumped me). A glass of ice and liquid transformed into mystery and abstraction.

Honorable mention goes to the entry by Wissink, the first entry this month, that also made me smile. Nice way of seeing an everyday friend! The emotion of that instant is well conveyed. Don't stay away long again.

Thanks to all! Great to see ways of meeting the everyday newly. That's a big reason I carry a camera of some kind with me always. Happy seeing to all! On to April...

Jacquot
Oh WOW, thanks, I'm blushing. I just came home from a long day board meeting of the sheep association (3 hours by car). It's midnight now and I'm tired. I'll post a new challenge tomorrow.

Congrats to all the others. Off to bed for a good night sleep.
04-03-2017, 03:38 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Jacquot
Thank you! I wanted to clarify the picture later but then forgot it... and yes, it was beer glass filled with water and ice. First picture was taken from the side (hard for the phone to get the focus right) and the second picture was taken from the top and forced phone flash that created that blue light.

and congrats for the winner!
04-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Congratulation, Titia!

Thanks to David for a fine job on hosting the competition!
04-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot. My wife is a handspinner and weaver. Not sure if she has ever heard of this breed here in the United States. I like your youtube videos too. Do you shear them? How is the wool for spinning?
04-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Nice shot. My wife is a handspinner and weaver. Not sure if she has ever heard of this breed here in the United States. I like your youtube videos too. Do you shear them? How is the wool for spinning?
Thanks, but my youtube videos are of a terrible quality LOL. Very nice to hear your wife is a spinner and weaver. This breed is only available in the Netherlands, due to export restrictions we can't export them to other countries. The wool is great for felting. It's perfect for spinning because of the long locks, but it tickles the bare skin, due to a thicker hair called kemp (don't know an English name for it).

If your wife is on Facebook, she can find me there under the name Titia Geertman