Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P&S Forum Inactivity

Hi guys,

It looks like this section isn't seeing any posts, even while the others are flourishing?

Is it just bacause there are so many more Pentax SLR users, or is it because the P&S guys just don't know about this section?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think P&S users aren't so involved in photography and equipment thus less inquisitive or talkable on the forums like this.
10-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Try it Adam and see. I don't think they know about the forum. I would post one in DPR and then give it a couple of weeks. If no takers by then I would cancle this part.
I figure there are more DSLR people than P&S people.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
10-03-2006, 03:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Adam
I agree with David above. People can still discuss P&S in other sections of the forum even if this section is removed. And I guess you can also bring it back when the interest picks up.

cheers
Kenny

10-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I do not think this section should be discontinued for now. It is way too early to do that I think. This pentax forum web site is still very new to consider deleting sections of it due to inactivity. Advertising its presence may help.
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm not all too big on advertising- this site is for your enjoyment, and not for my profit.

If you can help spread the word, though, I'd appreciate it

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
Inactive Account

I didnt mean that kind of advertising. Spreading by 'word of mouth' or keyboard is advertising. When you post comments on dpreview regarding this website it is advertising. When I include my webpage in my signature, it is advertising. Advertising doesnt always make money.
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I'm not all too big on advertising- this site is for your enjoyment, and not for my profit.

If you can help spread the word, though, I'd appreciate it

10-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Advertising on Dpreview

It worries me some about mentioning this site on Dpreview. Their policy on advertising another web site is not as liberal as Adams. I know the only way I found out about this site is from Adams post in Dpreview. I know at that time there wasn't much of a stir made and I wonder if Adam got a nasty gram or was Banned by Phill.

I for one can live with out DPreview (however I do like the people and friends I've made there) Some of the people from there have joined this site but don't post as much here ( I wish they would) Adam if you didn't here anything from Mr. P let me know in PM and I will be glad to post there either way. I first want to clear the wording of the post with you.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
10-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tknterry Quote
I didnt mean that kind of advertising. Spreading by 'word of mouth' or keyboard is advertising. When you post comments on dpreview regarding this website it is advertising. When I include my webpage in my signature, it is advertising. Advertising doesnt always make money.
I'm thinking more along the lines of telling friends and other people you know

Adam

10-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #10

Visiting from DPR Pentax forum

Your post on DP Reviews certainly got my attention.

DS
10-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Still, though, I think you guys are right...there isn't all too much to talk about with P&S.

I'm leaving the section open, though

Adam

11-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Still, though, I think you guys are right...there isn't all too much to talk about with P&S.

I'm leaving the section open, though
i just looked into this section because i was curious about the optio WP20. a P&S camera must have an added value over a DSLR for me to consider it. the WP20 is water proof and i love taking pics when its raining or snowing! best is when the weather is like below (taken some years ago with a canon S1 - i didn't mind that camera getting wet; it survived but was nevertheless replaced by the *istDS). now i'd like something waterproof for this kind of weather.

Last edited by stern; 06-03-2007 at 04:00 AM.
11-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I have an Optio s5 but I don't really consider it and photography in the same sentence. The Mrs. uses it most of the time and even she is thinking that she would like a K100D.

-E
11-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I disagree with Matjazz. I have an Optio 550 and have put about 40,000 shots through it since my wife got it for me one Christmas. It has been a blast doing a lot of experimenting. Though I am ready to move on to a DSLR (K10D) I will keep this puppy with me at all times. I have been posting photos from this on the 'Post your photo' section of the forum so I don't think the P&S's are less capable of taking a good composition, just not up there in quality and detail with the big boys. Didn't know this forum existed, or I guess I never paid attention since I was looking at the photo and critique areas. What do you expect to see in the section? Posted photos of P&S? If so I think it is redundant. Questions about using the P&S equipment, then I think this forum has value and would keep it for a time. Perhaps if mentioned elsewhere a descripter of what is to be on this portion of the forum may attract more interest. My 2 penny's worth.
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't drop the P&S section. It will never be as big as the slr area. P&S cameras are very useful. I have seen some underwater and macro P&S shots that would be very hard to duplicate with our slr. Right now the K dslrs are hot but the P&S will come along. It can't really take up that much room can it?
thanks
barondla