Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
one the in-laws uses the Fuji mentioned above and seems happy with it

there are a lot of small to smallish superzooms available
if she didn't have some form of a superzoom I would guess there would be a lot of missed shots

as mechmike said, a super zoom almost requires a viewfinder

we met a guy recently who was using this...amazon.com: Anker 15W Dual USB Solar Charger, PowerPort Solar for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More: Cell Phones & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20& ...to charge his stuff

I recently picked up a Panasonic that uses a proprietary battery but charges quickly from a backup pack that I use for my phone and tablet
if she is taking a cell with her she need a charger of some sort anyway

if she IS taking a phone that really might be all she needs
my wife (who hates using cameras) shot an entire month's worth of travel with her phone

good luck

Last edited by ccc_; 04-03-2017 at 03:31 PM.
04-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
one the in-laws uses the Fuji mentioned above and seems happy with it

there are a lot of small to smallish superzooms available
if she didn't have some form of a superzoom I would guess there would be a lot of missed shots

as mechmike said, a super zoom almost requires a viewfinder

we met a guy recently who was using this...amazon.com: Anker 15W Dual USB Solar Charger, PowerPort Solar for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More: Cell Phones & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20& ...to charge his stuff

I recently picked up a Panasonic that uses a proprietary battery but charges quickly from a backup pack that I use for my phone and tablet
if she is taking a cell with her she need a charger of some sort anyway

good luck
The 21 watt is also available for $10 more. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B012YUJJM8/r...gh+power&psc=1 These seem like good choices when combined with a USB based AA Charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-automatic-Rechargeable-Batteries-discharge/...2Bcharger&th=1