Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2017, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Love your entries Barondla. I've just come home from a weekend away, so I will judge all entries tomorrow. I'm too tired now.

05-03-2017, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok, here I go. First of all: thank you for your entries.The fun part is to see different interpretations of what I had in mind. In my opinion there's a difference between tracks and prints. A print is static, a track is going somewhere. I had hoped to see a lot of landscapes (urban or countryside) with tracks that are going somewhere.

First place goes to Barondla's tire tracks in snow. They are beautiful and creative although I would have cropped out that little dark spot at the upper left. It's a bit distracting.

Second place goes to Bart's first entry: the tracks between the trees. They seem to go on forever.

Third place goes to Jacqot's first entry: the lantern's shadow on the concrete. It's a bit out of the box but nevertheless It has very interesting different structures and I like the composition.

Honorable mention: Barondla's rain tracks.

Below I'll show you some of my own tracks in landscape.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W20  Photo 
05-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations for barondla and David!
And thanks to Titia for running this months competition.
Looking forward to your competition, barondla!

Lovely images, Titia!
Very diverse as well.
05-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Barondla! I love that image. Thank you Titia for the Competition and for my Second Place. I had a great time thinking about this theme, and it gave me other ideas for photography. Looking forward to May!

05-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Titia for running a great contest and selecting my picture. I am honored. After posting the snow tracks, I immediately wished the black blob had been cropped out. Just ran out of time to re do it.Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I will have the next contest up shortly

A quick question about the snow tracks pic. There are 4 horizontal tracks. They alternate straight and "crooks" on the ends. I am not always good at figuring spatial/geometrical things out. 1st question is how were the crooked part of tracks made? The crook totally changes direction. These have to be car tracks. 2nd question is after the crook, where did the vehicle go? Every time I process or look at this image it makes me ask.

thanks
barondla
05-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Titia, you have excellent tracks images. Number 3 is my favorite. There is a lot of tension in it.
Thanks for sharing
barondla
05-04-2017, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
A quick question about the snow tracks pic. There are 4 horizontal tracks. They alternate straight and "crooks" on the ends. I am not always good at figuring spatial/geometrical things out. 1st question is how were the crooked part of tracks made? The crook totally changes direction. These have to be car tracks. 2nd question is after the crook, where did the vehicle go? Every time I process or look at this image it makes me ask.

thanks
barondla
That was the same thing I was wandering about too. Now I look at it again and suddenly it comes to me that it must have been a car coming from the left that stopped and backed up down. If you look closely at the upper right corner you'll see the same angle. Can't be anything else I think.