Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sensor dust — MX-1?

It looks like I may have sensor dust in my MX-1. I have found it a very handy camera and have used it widely as a grab and go camera when my DSLRs are too large to carry. I always keep it capped and in a Lowepro case. I was recently in Australia, in the the outback, when the dust appeared (dust gets into just about everything there it seems). It was halfway through the trip after I was forced to leave the K-5 behind because it was far too heavy.

I gather this seems to have occurred with other compacts. Has anyone successfully cleaned it themselves? It doesn't owe me anything but I'd be hard pressed to find a comparable replacement so I may have to look into having it cleaned.

Joe

06-04-2017, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
try the vacuum on it.
06-04-2017, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Joe:

You will likely need to get the camera cleaned. in Canada Sun Camera is the service provider for Pentax and could give you a quote.

Dale