Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Eneloops in standard camera box. A little ot

Unpacked a new Olympus P&S today and was surprised to see it packaged with Sanyo Eneloop AAs. Guess the word is getting out on them. Apparently they also think they are great. Hope Pentax starts doing this with their AA compacts.
thanks
barondla

02-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Unpacked a new Olympus P&S today
Sorry, beating off topic - which model Oly?
02-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi barondla,
Slowly but surely!
I can't speak highly enough of eneloops. They should be standard equipment as far as AA's go.
Cheers
Grant
02-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Hey Grant, based on your positive feedback about Eneloops I recently bought 2 packs (8 each) of them. That's 16 batteries in total.

A local electronics shop had them on sale.

Thanks, George

02-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Forum Member

How have people's experiences been with these? I've heard the pluses, and also some knocks on them, so I'm curious.
02-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is an Olympus FE 180 ( if I remember right). Sells for less than $200. Was surprised to see rechargeables at that price. Was really surprised to see the wonderful Eneloops. Way to go.
I love the Eneloops in the DS. They are always ready to shoot. My nimh were always dying after 20-30 days. CRV 3 and AA Lithiums are fine but expensive. Since the DS is the backup body the Eneloops came along at the right time. Haven't used anything else since. Only time I would go back to disposables is emergency or traveling overseas.
I will be repacing my nimh in all things not photographic too. I am tired of standard nimh behaviour. Haven't found a down side to Eneloops yet. Except they can't be purchased where I live.
thanks
barondla
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Hey Grant, based on your positive feedback about Eneloops I recently bought 2 packs (8 each) of them. That's 16 batteries in total.

A local electronics shop had them on sale.

Thanks, George
G'day George,
How is it in sunny edmonton? doesn't seem like almost a year ago that we had lunch.!!
Hope the Eneloops work for you, I have nothing but praise for them in our conditions, however, did I hear/ read something about their cold weather performance?? not sure, hope you have done your homework.

Cheers
Grant
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by gorfmai Quote
How have people's experiences been with these? I've heard the pluses, and also some knocks on them, so I'm curious.
fantastic. one word says it all. i use mine in the *ist DS DSLR. these batteries keep on going, going, going... incredible. since last november i changed batteries only once and took appr. 500-800 pics on one and a half sets - the second set is still in the camera, did a lot of reviewing (kids always want to see how the shots look) and used the camera for a week carrying it around in below zero degrees in the mountains...

03-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
did I hear/ read something about their cold weather performance??
I've heard the same, of all nimhs actually, but not had any serious problems. Spent a cool day (-10 C) out shooting, and so long as I put the camera in the bag, or kept my hand wrapped around the grip, all was well. I did stroll around for a bit with the camera dangling from the strap, and it did a couple odd things, but once I hung onto the grip for a minute or two it was back to normal. If I were planning to be out longer, or in colder weather, I'd stick my spare set of batteries in an inner pocket, and swap them as the ones in the camera cool.

They're amazing - I've not been shooting much lately, and if I had the old energizers in it they'd be long dead. I'm still getting a full battery indication from the eneloops and I've never charged them at all!

Julie
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
roy
Inactive Account

i'd suggest the rayovac hybrids. half the price of the eneloops. my first set went ino the cam 2/12/07 and have shot 534 shots so far. the battery indicater finally changed to half full.

opps, just checked it and it's up to full again.
10-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I've also heard nothing but praise for Eneloops. They're not that common in my country though. But can possibly be had other places in Europe