Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ahhh, Lily-of-the-Valleys. Love the playful shadow in this photo. Nice first try Jaquot.

03-17-2018, 06:20 PM - 4 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't take photos of spring 2018 yet, because we have a cold spell. Yesterday was the coldest March 17 ever measured in the Netherlands. This one is from spring 2012 March 23: my daughter's cat enjoying the sun. Alas he died of cat aids few years ago.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
03-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really like this, David!
Spring is clearly suggested but in a subtle way.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2018 at 13:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
Can't take photos of spring 2018 yet, because we have a cold spell. Yesterday was the coldest March 17 ever measured in the Netherlands. This one is from spring 2012 March 23: my daughter's cat enjoying the sun. Alas he died of cat aids few years ago.
One of the nicer parts of spring, seeing the animals enjoy the first spring sun
03-19-2018, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #19
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jacquot Quote
First try...
It looked entirely abstract at first to me, but the flowers, soft light and shadow of the season on the lace curtain all go perfectly with the theme. Beautiful, thanks for surprising me in a very good way, David!

---------- Post added 03-19-18 at 10:26 AM ----------

Look at his facial expression, totally relaxed and peaceful! (I wonder when was the last time I took a nap like that.) Thanks Titia for another cute one!

Last edited by kwb; 03-19-2018 at 10:27 AM.
03-22-2018, 10:20 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello friends, nice subject in the days that we are ...
In some areas of southern Spain spring was beginning to be felt a few weeks ago ...
The photos belong to the Marismas de Doñana near El Rocío in Huelva, a magical place, where a group of watercolor amateurs looked for reflections in the water ...
I tried to squeeze the most of the possibilities of Telephoto 06 15-45 mm
Pentax Q-S1 =6 Telephoto zoom 15-45mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
03-22-2018, 01:04 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well on this rainy day today we got a visit from a Duck family in search for a nesting place. Mom Duck inspected a lot of possible places, she even flew in two of the pollard willows, but I was too late to capture her there. Dad Duck was inspecting nothing. He was busy polishing his looks. This photo was taken through the dormer window. It's the second time they came around, so who knows, lets hope we get little duckies in our garden.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
03-23-2018, 04:15 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

My wife had hand surgery a few weeks ago, so to relieve cabin fever we took a long weekend to our favorite little beach town (Cannon Beach, Oregon). Our list day, it finally got warm enough to dip my feet into the Pacific surf just a wee bit. That makes it Spring in my book! (and makes this picture count since I'm standing in the wet )

Jim (shot with Oly ZX-1)

03-24-2018, 05:38 AM - 3 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting week in the NE US... iPhone7
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
03-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #24
Pentaxian

wonderful additions to this contest, Alayos, Titia, Jim & David!

David, you get great results with the phone.
You might convince me to try the camera on my phone
03-24-2018, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Bart. Great resources on-line to learn some of the basic shooting possibilities, there's also an app for shooting raw with it--that I rarely use. I have it with me all the time.
03-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #26
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alayos92 Quote
Hello friends, nice subject in the days that we are ...
In some areas of southern Spain spring was beginning to be felt a few weeks ago ...
Thanks Alayos92, is there a better way to enjoy spring than being surrownded by beautiful nature and like-minded friends, or taking pictures of these friends? Did you also draw?
You're squeezing the most out of your Q-S1 kit!
Well on this rainy day today we got a visit from a Duck family in search for a nesting place.
Great addition, thanks Titia! Relocation and migration of wild animals is one of the things that remind me of season change most. I hope the pop and mom duck like your place and introduce their young ones to the neighborhood!
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
My wife had hand surgery a few weeks ago, so to relieve cabin fever we took a long weekend to our favorite little beach town (Cannon Beach, Oregon). Our list day, it finally got warm enough to dip my feet into the Pacific surf just a wee bit. That makes it Spring in my book! (and makes this picture count since I'm standing in the wet )
Jim, seems like you're the only one dipping feet, are you sure about "warm enough" part? If closer to ice cold than juczzi warm, commendable effort for the advancement of the art , anyway wonderful shot, thank you!
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Oh, beauty, David! Hyacinths?
03-24-2018, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Thanks Alayos92, is there a better way to enjoy spring than being surrownded by beautiful nature and like-minded friends, or taking pictures of these friends? Did you also draw?
You're squeezing the most out of your Q-S1 kit!

Great addition, thanks Titia! Relocation and migration of wild animals is one of the things that remind me of season change most. I hope the pop and mom duck like your place and introduce their young ones to the neighborhood!

Jim, seems like you're the only one dipping feet, are you sure about "warm enough" part? If closer to ice cold than juczzi warm, commendable effort for the advancement of the art , anyway wonderful shot, thank you!

Oh, beauty, David! Hyacinths?
KWB, that is Muscari, it has to be in the same family, but it is very small.
03-24-2018, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote

There were a few people that braved the water that weekend. Two who went swimming (briefly!), and a few more who just waded the edges... wasn’t so bad once your feet go numb 😁
03-25-2018, 04:14 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

WOW what a beautiful blue in the white snow.

---------- Post added 03-25-18 at 04:23 AM ----------

KWB, that is Muscari, it has to be in the same family, but it is very small.
That's Muscari azureum. In the Netherlands we mostly have Muscari botryoides which looks like little blue rasins
03-26-2018, 09:59 PM - 3 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Q7 with Pentax 04 Toy wide angle. f7.1 at 1/10 ISO 100.
thanks for looking,
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo