Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2018, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #16
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
So instead of Met Stadium we now have Target Field.. I have been away too long. Great captures of the shape of the place and the ambiance.
It's actually a pretty nice place, you can roam around, but it can be a scorcher on a hot July afternoon.

The fish-eye pic exaggerates the size of the crowd.

The Q7 was perfect- the 03 fish eye, the 01, a Pentax 110 18mm and a 75mm Cosmicar, all in a small belt bag that passed inspection without a problem.

07-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
It's actually a pretty nice place, you can roam around, but it can be a scorcher on a hot July afternoon.

The fish-eye pic exaggerates the size of the crowd.

The Q7 was perfect- the 03 fish eye, the 01, a Pentax 110 18mm and a 75mm Cosmicar, all in a small belt bag that passed inspection without a problem.
I missed that it was the Q fisheye. Makes the photo even better.
07-19-2018, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #18
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry for cross-posting to Pentax Q forum.

My first entry is a stitched panorama (if that's allowed). One evening I and my wife went to a very short hike to Badger Mountain in my neighborhood. From the top of the mountain we enjoyed a fabulous view of Rattlesnake Mountain and surrounding area. You can also have some idea about agriculture in the middle of desert, with big sprinklers and things. Pentax Q7, 06 telephoto at the long end (45mm), f/5.

Evening haze on Flickr

The second entry is at my workplace. I was working late in my office but the sunset was too gorgeous to ignore, I went out and started taking pictures. Suddenly this bunny appeared on top of the rock, very carefully watching me taking pictures. I felt that everything around me was kind of unreal. Pentax Q7 and 08 wide zoom, 5.9mm f/4, 1/8 sec handheld.

Rabbit is watching on Flickr
07-20-2018, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kwb we don't have any problems with cross posting. Though, I tried it once and never got it to work.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla

07-21-2018, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #20

Pre flight home wander through Sydney Aquarium with a Galaxy S9+.
07-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steve-rsa Quote
Pre flight home wander through Sydney Aquarium with a Galaxy S9+.
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Sorry for cross-posting to Pentax Q forum.

My first entry is a stitched panorama (if that's allowed). One evening I and my wife went to a very short hike to Badger Mountain in my neighborhood. From the top of the mountain we enjoyed a fabulous view of Rattlesnake Mountain and surrounding area. You can also have some idea about agriculture in the middle of desert, with big sprinklers and things. Pentax Q7, 06 telephoto at the long end (45mm), f/5.

Evening haze on Flickr

The second entry is at my workplace. I was working late in my office but the sunset was too gorgeous to ignore, I went out and started taking pictures. Suddenly this bunny appeared on top of the rock, very carefully watching me taking pictures. I felt that everything around me was kind of unreal. Pentax Q7 and 08 wide zoom, 5.9mm f/4, 1/8 sec handheld.

Rabbit is watching on Flickr
Really great entries.

This is becoming a versatile contest.
07-22-2018, 06:16 AM - 3 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

As expected, I won't get much opportunity for photography this month so, just some snaps from the garden

lavender
Panasonic FX500, 5.3mm (31mm equivalent,1/400 at f/3.4, +1/3EV, ISO 100

hydrangea
Panasonic FX500, 4.4mm (26mm equivalent), 1/200 at f/2.8, +1/3EV, ISO 100

drought
Panasonic FX500, 4.4mm (26mm equivallent), 1/500 at f/4, +1/3 EV, ISO 100

Drought must be the defining characteristic of what is going on in this region this month.

07-23-2018, 06:26 AM - 2 Likes   #23

The nose knows.

S8+ again. If I'd gone for the camera he would have moved.

---------- Post added 07-23-18 at 11:32 PM ----------

Sunrise over the pond.

Just at the end of my street. Hopped out of the car in the way to work. There is a coffee shop to the left of the photo and the owner rushed out with his DSLR when he saw me taking a few snaps.

S8+.
07-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #24

Photos: Gallery
I love the image taken with the 07 lens, I need to pick one up for myself!
07-27-2018, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #25
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in Japan on vacation, and since I have some time I visited an old colleague of mine at Institute for Cosmic Ray Research. The design of this specific building is a bit over the top and somehow reminded me of Blade Runner.
Cell phone picture (HTC 10), cropped a bit.

07-27-2018, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

The nose knows.

Sunrise over the pond.

Just at the end of my street. Hopped out of the car in the way to work. There is a coffee shop to the left of the photo and the owner rushed out with his DSLR when he saw me taking a few snaps.

S8+.
Really like the sunrise!

QuoteOriginally posted by Alayos92 Quote
I put some shots that I recently made from the Mirador de San Nicolas to the hill of La Alhambra in Granada, Spain. A place very visited at this time by tourists from around the world.
The first one is made with the 07 playing with the distortion and the next two with the 04. small objectives for my dear Q-S1..
Fine b&w's!

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
I'm in Japan on vacation, and since I have some time I visited an old colleague of mine at Institute for Cosmic Ray Research. The design of this specific building is a bit over the top and somehow reminded me of Blade Runner.
Cell phone picture (HTC 10), cropped a bit.

Great architectural image!
07-27-2018, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spent today hiking and enjoying nature. One of the few days it hasn't been too hot. Pentax Q7 with 08 lens. In camera auto HDR.
Thanks for looking
barondla.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
07-28-2018, 01:03 AM - 1 Like   #28
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
As expected, I won't get much opportunity for photography this month so, just some snaps from the garden
I like B/W for hydrangea, good choice!

The nose knows.

Sunrise over the pond.

S8+.
Beautiful nose , beautiful clouds!
QuoteOriginally posted by Alayos92 Quote
I put some shots that I recently made from the Mirador de San Nicolas to the hill of La Alhambra in Granada, Spain. A place very visited at this time by tourists from around the world.
The first one is made with the 07 playing with the distortion and the next two with the 04. small objectives for my dear Q-S1..
Great atmosphere, Alayos92, you're making very good use of so-called toy lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Spent today hiking and enjoying nature. One of the few days it hasn't been too hot. Pentax Q7 with 08 lens. In camera auto HDR.
Thanks for looking
barondla.
I can see the calmness of the place (water is dead flat and it's not a long exposure), seems like a good place to hike around. Congrats for your new 08 lens BTW!
07-28-2018, 02:53 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Thanks for looking
barondla.
Beautiful mirror effect!
07-31-2018, 05:29 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just getting back from vacation and exhausted. Great photographs posted and still time to enter!