Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New to WG-50 - How to Move the AF Point

I'm going swimming with stingrays and so I bought a WG-50, my first Pentax point-and-shoot. The manual is incomplete and leaves a lot of instructions out of it, such as what the three AF mode icons mean (large brackets, small brackets, and a circle with three lines next to it) and the answer to my main question: How do I move the focus point so I can focus my subject on the rule of thirds line, instead of the center of the frame? Thanks.

07-13-2018, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you have the "real" manual? Often these days, an abbreviated manual comes with equipment. Check the manufacturer's web site for more info.

Take a look at http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/wg-50_om_en_web.pdf

pages 76-77 say you can select "Focusing Area." and tell you how to do it.

Sting rays in Grand Cayman? Haven't been there in years - since before their sting ray craze!
07-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you. Wow, that is not the manual supplied with the camera in the box. I'm used to reading full manuals when a camera arrives.

It looks like this camera does not allow adjustable focus points. That's too bad. Oh well, focus and recompose should work.

Yep, Grand Cayman here we come!