Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2018, 02:02 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your occasional reminder that the MX-1 has excellent macro capability

If you have an MX-1 and a botanical garden nearby, or just flowers or bugs or other macro-worthy little curiosities around you, then I hope you're familiar with what the "1cm macro" mode is capable of. It somehow always surprises me. If you too have forgotten, take yours for a walk! Sometimes it helps to dial exposure down a bit if dealing with intense colors, to prevent clipping individual sensor channels.

At Reiman Gardens yesterday, here at Iowa State U:

navigating the spiky harvest

07-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice! I use a Panasonic LX7 with similar size sensor and it too has a nice macro feature. Sometimes I think we lose sight of this with our large sensor bias.
07-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That is beautiful! I bet Rieman Gardens are having a wonderful growth season this summer and are looking really nice... Walked past them going to many a 'Clones game in Jack Trice (our son was a Sousa player in the ISUCVMB and we never missed a home game).

Go 'Clones!!!
07-17-2018, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is impressive. Need to keep an eye open for an MX-1 now ...

07-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You called that right. Spectacular!
07-17-2018, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
That is beautiful! I bet Rieman Gardens are having a wonderful growth season this summer and are looking really nice... Walked past them going to many a 'Clones game in Jack Trice (our son was a Sousa player in the ISUCVMB and we never missed a home game).

Go 'Clones!!!
They had lots of tulips back in the spring, now the highlights are a riot of roses, cone flowers and various-colored day lilies, in addition to some really interesting kinetic sculptures, and always multiple species in the butterfly wing, a different mix every time I go. Yesterday there was a sort of green glasswing I'd never seen before (and neglected to photograph, oops). Every year the place gets a little more grand. You should come back and visit! Hope you and your son are well.
07-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #7
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice, I'm impressed!