Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #1

GR II Ring Cap - What does it do?

Apart from looks and keeping resale value, does the Ring Cap serve any purpose on the GR II? At one time I thought it might enhance dust resistance but when I lost one I carefully examined the camera and could see no way the Ring Cap could affect dust ingress. Since they are easy to lose and hard to get a replacement is it best to keep it in the box if you're not concerned about how your camera looks?

01-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A good question. I keep mine off and stored because I use the GH-3 hood and adapter a lot, especially when I want to use a polarizing filter. I know me and if I did not store it I would loose it.
01-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I lost two ring caps (the black one and the red "ambassador" one), now I just do not have anyone on the GR.

These caps are expensive and prone to be lost, my advice would be not to use them.
01-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the fast and well-informed replies. I'll keep the replacement ring cap in the box to help me sell the GR II if and when the GR III wins me over!