Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #1

Firmware for Ricoh GXR ?

My old GXR is no longer working so I got a used one but the firmware is old and won't accept my lenses. Can anyone help with where I might find the 1.51 firmware update for the Ricoh GXR body ? Tried Ricoh they no longer have any support for the GXR firmwares. I searched old forums and found DriversCollection.com but couldn't find it there. HELP !!!
Thank you,
Aznaizzy

08-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aznaizzy Quote
My old GXR is no longer working so I got a used one but the firmware is old and won't accept my lenses. Can anyone help with where I might find the 1.51 firmware update for the Ricoh GXR body ? Tried Ricoh they no longer have any support for the GXR firmwares. I searched old forums and found DriversCollection.com but couldn't find it there. HELP !!!
Thank you,
Aznaizzy
It looks like the files are supposed to be there, so this must be a technical issue. I would reach out to Ricoh to let them know- hopefully they'll go ahead and post the files again.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #3

You can download the EXE version here:
Firmware Ricoh GXR 1.51

It opens and extracts on my Windows 7 system. If not open with WinRAR or 7Zip and extract the binary files manually. Copy the files to the root of a SD card. Then follow the firmware update instructions.
08-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies.... I will try your suggestion