Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

replacement for pentax 90wr

Hi
I got burgled a few weeks ago and had my pentax zoom 90wr stolen much to my disgust. I had the camera for many years and it always took a great photo. My insurance company are wanting to replace it with the pentax optio w60, and after reading some threads on here it doesnt sound to good. Can anyone suggest a comparable camera be it digital or not. Im only a novice but i definately want a quality picture, the waterproof option does not matter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the 90WR (still working but no longer used) and replaced my p&s needs with a Wpi. At first, I didn't care much for the waterproofing but later, this feature turned to be a great plus when taking pictures in every weather condition without caring about the camera. I haven't used the W60 but if it performs as good as my Wpi, is a no brainer. Its a no nonsense, no worries great everyday travel camera which produces great pictures, enlarged even to 11 x 14 inches.

Robert B
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hayley2005 Quote
Hi
I got burgled a few weeks ago and had my pentax zoom 90wr stolen much to my disgust. I had the camera for many years and it always took a great photo. My insurance company are wanting to replace it with the pentax optio w60, and after reading some threads on here it doesnt sound to good. Can anyone suggest a comparable camera be it digital or not. Im only a novice but i definately want a quality picture, the waterproof option does not matter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The W60 got four stars from Chasseur d'Images. Nothing seriously wrong with it, and it is good to use underwater - not just under rain like by k10d.
10-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Damn Brit

You have to remember that some of those threads you have read were written by people who are using a DSLR on a day to day basis and therefore, it's possible that their view of the cameras performance is influenced also by the results they get from their DSLR's.
I have the original WP also and it takes good pictures for a P&S. It's a bit noisy indoors and in low light but that's true of many P&S's.
Why don't you take the W60 and then see if you can pick up a cheap WR on the SH market.

10-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The W60 got four stars from Chasseur d'Images. Nothing seriously wrong with it, and it is good to use underwater - not just under rain like by k10d.
Ok, thanks for info