Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2019, 04:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
7Artisans lens on GXR?

Have any of you GXR + A12 M mount module users tried out the 7Artisans 50mm F1.1 or 35mm F2.0?

I'd like to know if these Artisan lenses are compatible with the A12 - do they fit correctly without touching the shutter curtain.
I understand that they are soft wide open but sharp at F5.6, but would really like to know how you rate them.

(I already use the GXR + A12M + PK-LM adaptor to use with my many Pentax lenses and am now looking for an affordable lens to connect directly to the A12 without need for an adaptor).

Many thanks for any feedback you can give me.

10-11-2019, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #2

I too am interested on adapting 7artisan M lenses on my GXR just to have a native cheap M lens on the A12. But I already have too many lenses in K mount. I was suppose to buy the 28mm f 1.4 early this year in Hong Kong but the stores were still closed when I went to Mongkok and that morning was the only shopping opportunity I have that time. I did not went home empty handed though, a voightlander store just opened up and had a brand new 90 lanthar vc ii in k mount.
10-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
I'd like to know if these Artisan lenses are compatible with the A12 - do they fit correctly without touching the shutter curtain.
The photos on the 7 Artisans Web site show the 35/2.0 to have modest intrusion at infinity focus. The 50/1.1 OTOH may be deep (~11mm intrusion based on the photos) and wide enough to cause potentially cause problems on some cameras. One positive clue might be that it reportedly fits the Bessa R3A, a camera with double vertical metal shutter (more than 2x the normal thickness) and fairly restrictive side baffles.

Flickr: Discussing Bessa R3A in 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 Film and Digital

Measure the depth of the mount on your A12. Chances are, you are fine.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-11-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: TMI
10-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Steve, I found it very helpful. I measure the depth of the mount to be 20mm from outer surface of mount to inner plate (in front of shutter curtain), and I am approximating that the intrusion from outer surface of mount is approx 16mm, so it looks like the 7Artisans 1.1 will fit. The little plastic 'lens checker' which Ricoh supplies with the A12 mount seems to confirm this.

Thanks also for the Flickr link. That got me looking around and I did come across some photos by Arthur Chan taken with a GXR, A12 mount, and 7Artisans 50mm F1.1, so I think I'll splash out and see how it goes with the 50mm.

02-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
Thanks for the reply Steve, I found it very helpful. I measure the depth of the mount to be 20mm from outer surface of mount to inner plate (in front of shutter curtain), and I am approximating that the intrusion from outer surface of mount is approx 16mm, so it looks like the 7Artisans 1.1 will fit. The little plastic 'lens checker' which Ricoh supplies with the A12 mount seems to confirm this.

Thanks also for the Flickr link. That got me looking around and I did come across some photos by Arthur Chan taken with a GXR, A12 mount, and 7Artisans 50mm F1.1, so I think I'll splash out and see how it goes with the 50mm.
Hi ronniemac, how did you make out with the 50mm f1.1? I'm considering getting one for my GXR as well. Any clearance issues? Happy with the results? I still use my GXR for travel, when lugging the K-1 is just too much of a handful. Such a great little camera.