Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2020, 11:45 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Point and Shoot Competition #143 - Centennial (with mini giveaway!)

This month's theme is Centennial. As far as PENTAX is still technically 100 years old (Aashi Kogaku Goshi Kaisha was founded in Nov. 1919) there's no reason not to celebrate to have some fun. In the spirit of this, there's a prize of "PENTAX 100 years of history" sticker pictured in the attached for the winner.

You don't have to take the theme literally or too seriously, it's good enough to convince me that your picture is somehow related to 1, 0 and 0. Let's get creative, take new pictures or find old ones, I hope you can post something here!

Contest Rules:
  • Always have fun!
  • Cameras:
    • ALL CAMERA BRANDS ARE ALLOWED.
    • The camera including the lens should fit in a pocket on your coat, jacket or pants etc. (some exceptions below).
    • As far as the size requirement is met, all digital cameras with sensors smaller than or equal to 1" are allowed. However, for interchangeable lens cameras, no "adopted" lenses are allowed.
    • As far as the size requirement is met, all non-interchangeable lens cameras regardless of the sensor size and medium (digital or film) are allowed.
    • Interchangeable lens cameras with sensors larger than 1" are not allowed regardless of the size.
    • Mobile phones, tablets and any 110 film cameras are allowed regardless of the size.
  • Entries will close on February 29th, 2020 midnight PST.
  • Maximum image dimensions are 1024x768 (ish) pixels.
  • List camera brand and model with entry for all to see, and exposure data would be nice.
  • No restrictions on when the entries were taken.
  • Contest winner determines the rules, selects theme, sets closing date and judges the next competition.
  • Enter up to three images, however you may change your entries as many times as you like up to the contest closing date/time.
Attached was shot with PENTAX Q7 and Q 08 Wide Zoom on a tripod, it's a night shot of display of my Q7 prints in my house. The winner will get a PENTAX 100 years of history stickers pictured here unless he/she declines. Postage is paid by kwb. I got the stickers and a T-shirt in one of PENTAX gallery contest but I'm not a sticker guy.

Have fun and enjoy!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by kwb; 02-05-2020 at 03:08 AM.
02-05-2020, 01:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
This month's theme is Centennial. As far as PENTAX is still technically 100 years old (Aashi Kogaku Goshi Kaisha was founded in Nov. 1919) there's no reason not to celebrate to have some fun. In the spirit of this, there's a prize of "PENTAX 100 years of history" sticker pictured in the attached for the winner.

You don't have to take the theme literally or too seriously, it's good enough to convince me that your picture is somehow related to 1, 0 and 0. Let's get creative, take new pictures or find old ones, I hope you can post something here!

Contest Rules:
  • Always have fun!
  • Cameras:
    • The camera including the lens should fit in at a pocket on your coat, jacket pants etc. (some exceptions below).
    • As far as the size requirement is met, all digital cameras with sensors smaller than or equal to 1" are allowed. However, for interchangeable lens cameras, no "adopted" lenses are allowed.
    • As far as the size requirement is met, all non-interchangeable lens cameras regardless of the sensor size and medium (digital or film) are allowed.
    • Interchangeable lens cameras with sensors larger than 1" are not allowed regardless of the size.
    • Mobile phones, tablets and any 110 film cameras are allowed regardless of the size.
  • List camera brand and model with entry for all to see, and exposure data would be nice.
  • Contest winner determines the rules, selects theme, sets closing date and judges the next competition.
  • Enter up to three images, however you may change your entries as many times as you like up to the contest closing date/time.
Attached was shot with PENTAX Q7 and Q 08 Wide Zoom on a tripod, it's a night shot of display of my Q7 prints in my house. The winner will get a PENTAX 100 years of history stickers pictured here unless he/she declines. Postage is paid by kwb. I got the stickers and a T-shirt in one of PENTAX gallery contest but I'm not a sticker guy.

Have fun and enjoy!
Very timely contest theme and even a prize. Cool, this will be a fun and exciting contest.
Thanks kwb,
barondla
02-18-2020, 01:03 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Contest Rules:
  • Always have fun!
  • Cameras:
    • The camera including the lens should fit in a pocket on your coat, jacket or pants etc. (some exceptions below).

Have fun and enjoy!
Here is my entry. Pentax Q7, Pentax #08 wideangle.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
02-22-2020, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Very creative, barondla!
Great looking subject (the camera )

I'm afraid I haven't come up with something yet.

02-24-2020, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #5
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great idea, barondra!
And that's a good looking camera, I'm not familiar with film cameras so I had to browse the camera database, is it Pentax LX?

People, we need more entries! We still have one week, please get creative, you can do it!!
02-24-2020, 02:48 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
iPhone X. I'm in and still looking.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
02-25-2020, 12:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea, barondra!
And that's a good looking camera, I'm not familiar with film cameras so I had to browse the camera database, is it Pentax LX?

People, we need more entries! We still have one week, please get creative, you can do it!!
Yes, it is an LX. Almost had to be a film camera to pull off the shot. Could have used a Pentax 6X7. Guess I could have used the digital K-1 and had the $100 bill wind behind the articulated monitor screen. Digital just doesn't say 100 years like film does. I had a 2nd idea but it is more time consuming and time is tight for me right now. I still might shoot and enter it.

Thanks,
barondla

02-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #8
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Well found David, after a few seconds of "????" I see it!!

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Digital just doesn't say 100 years like film does.
I totally agree.

Well done David and barondla, thanks for your submissions! All, 5-ish days left!
02-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My Samsung NX100 with 20-50mm kit lens fits inside a pocket, but it has to be quite a big pocket. Sadly, its APS-C sensor means that it is not eligible.
02-25-2020, 07:28 PM - 4 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You'll need some imagination but there is a 1 and 0 and 0 in this one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
02-25-2020, 07:30 PM - 4 Likes   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After some digging I found this one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
02-27-2020, 12:30 AM   #12
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Way to go Titia, I like your imagination!! Keep'em coming!
02-29-2020, 05:49 AM - 3 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
You'll need some imagination but there is a 1 and 0 and 0 in this one.
QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
After some digging I found this one.
You are all very creative and that low sun over the water is a beautiful image, Titia.

After keeping my eyes open for the hundred in the past month, I still came up empty handed.
So, I tried to make an image of my first camera look like an old advertisement and added the missing 100 myself.

Pentax SP 500 and Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4
Panasonic FX500 4.4mm (26mm equivallent), 1/25 at f/2.8, ISO 100

I still use the lens by the way. The camera would need a CLA and the cost of that would be too much. I just keep it for sentimental value. I had it since I was 15 and used it up to 2007.
03-01-2020, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #14
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bart, that has a wonderful feel of an old catalog photo!

Thank you and congrats everybody, I was afraid that the theme might have been too tricky, but you all tackled it very well! And the winner of this contest is...

David, Congratulations!!
I really like Where's Wally? (or Waldo in North America) aspect of this, there could probably be more than one interpretations, attached is mine. Maybe we could also find AOC or Pentax in this too?
David, I'll PM you so I can send you the prize!

Honorable mention goes to Titia's two entries for the same Wall/Waldo factor. Especially the first one leaves great space for imaginations to the viewers, I can see all numbers could be the sun and its reflections, but I can also see some of the numbers could be formed by the stems and leaves.

barondla and Bart showing off their film cameras were also strong contenders and were very much fitting to the theme.

Now it's your turn David, see you all in the next competition!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
03-01-2020, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Jacqout. Had to study the image a little while to see the 100. Thanks to kwb for running a fine contest and everyone else for participating.
Thanks,
barondla