Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2020, 08:32 PM - 4 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Entry #1 from MiguelATF:

I live in a small town in Oregon which is pretty much deserted these days. Had to walk downtown to mail a letter at the Post Office. It was and is strange being in a place and area where usually I see quite a few people - but which was virtually abandoned. I had my tiny Ricoh GRDiii (the small-sensor predecesor to the modern GR) in my pocket (it's even smaller and more pocketable than the current GR). And---

What caught my attention was a row of garbage cans - and what was in one of them.

I don't think it literally conveys an image of isolation - but it definitely gave me that feeling.

Here it is---

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 3  Photo 

Last edited by MiguelATF; 04-24-2020 at 07:02 PM.
04-23-2020, 06:04 PM - 2 Likes   #17
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is my submission #1, lone sea lion in self-isolation. Taken with Casio Exilim S600 through a window, cropped.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EX-S600  Photo 
04-24-2020, 05:13 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chubasco Quote
My first entry using an old 5MP Canon PowerShot G5: peppermint tea for one
Nothing conveys the theme of isolation as "tea for one"
04-24-2020, 08:06 AM - 3 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

my first entry is also rather a symbolic interpretation of theme:

Panasonic FX500, 4.4mm (26mm equivallent), 1/1000 at f/2.8, ISO 100

04-24-2020, 04:23 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Getting gas tonight spotted this group hiding out. G5X/2
04-24-2020, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No masks, and I know they are not ALL related, so not respecting social distancing. First cop that spots them is going to fine them. 😉
04-24-2020, 07:05 PM - 4 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Entry #2 from MiguelATF:

Was thinking more about the theme of isolation - and what it means to be truly isolated....and alone.
This is another interpretation of the theme - my 2nd entry - also taken with my vintage Ricoh point-and-shoot - the GRDiii ---

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 3  Photo 
04-25-2020, 07:31 AM - 5 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Second and third entry.

Panasonic FX500, 22mm (130mm equivalent), 1/320 at f/5.9, ISO 100

Panasonic FX500, 18.9mm (112mm equivalent), 1/640 at f/5.7, ISO 100
04-26-2020, 05:28 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Love that last one, Bart! My 2nd and 3rd entries, made with either Ricoh GRD 2 or 3:

"Standing Room Only" Bangor, Maine airport

"Social Distancing"

04-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Really great pics. It is going to be hard for me to choose...and the month is not over yet.
04-26-2020, 11:13 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Entry #3 for MiguelATF:

For my 3rd and last entry - also from my tiny Ricoh GRDiii camera - another variation on the theme that over the last several weeks of the shelter-at-home aka lockdown - which has affected most areas of Oregon, the state I live in, including the small town I inhabit - most of the streets, which often get a bit of traffic during the day, are surprisingly empty. And quiet, too.

As a result, I can walk outside the old farmhouse where I live, and sit down in the middle of the small road that runs up into the hills....and stay here, quiet and unmolested, for a spell.

I was doing just that when I took this picture.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 3  Photo 
04-27-2020, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

Thanks, Bill!

Yours look as some serious "Signs of the times"

QuoteOriginally posted by chubasco Quote
Love that last one, Bart! My 2nd and 3rd entries, made with either Ricoh GRD 2 or 3:

"Standing Room Only" Bangor, Maine airport

"Social Distancing"

"Don't try this at home" comes to mind. Except in times as these of course.
In our country, there's already talk of an expected Autumn lockdown ...

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
Entry #3 for MiguelATF:

For my 3rd and last entry - also from my tiny Ricoh GRDiii camera - another variation on the theme that over the last several weeks of the shelter-at-home aka lockdown - which has affected most areas of Oregon, the state I live in, including the small town I inhabit - most of the streets, which often get a bit of traffic during the day, are surprisingly empty. And quiet, too.

As a result, I can walk outside the old farmhouse where I live, and sit down in the middle of the small road that runs up into the hills....and stay here, quiet and unmolested, for a spell.

I was doing just that when I took this picture.
04-28-2020, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Q7 with #01 lens (about 40mm eq).

This library is closed due to the virus. It should be a busy place this time of evening.
Thanks for looking,
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
05-01-2020, 08:35 AM - 3 Likes   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So many good photos and they all showed different forms of isolation. I had a hard time choosing. I started out with seven, then pruned it down to four, then two. I decided that the one I liked the best was MiguelATF's empty road stretching out between his feet.

A shout out to Bart with his tack standing alone on the roof, and Jacquot's lady in quarantine.

Take it away MiguelATF
05-01-2020, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Sam_I_am - I am honored for this selection in the company of so many fine photographers. I have to say for the record, I loved Bart's entries - and chubasco's image of empty seats in the Bangor airport was truly poignant.

I'll try to come up with a good theme quickly for May so everyone can get started....stay tuned to this sub-forum and it will appear shortly!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
So many good photos and they all showed different forms of isolation. I had a hard time choosing. I started out with seven, then pruned it down to four, then two. I decided that the one I liked the best was MiguelATF's empty road stretching out between his feet.

A shout out to Bart with his tack standing alone on the roof, and Jacquot's lady in quarantine.

Take it away MiguelATF