Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2020, 05:55 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
My 2nd entry. Pentax Q7 with #06 zoom at 44mm. F2.8 at 1/2000 and ISO 100. Shot from the passenger seat of a moving car.

Thanks for looking,
barondla
That smile is catching, barondla

QuoteOriginally posted by chubasco Quote
My first entry, taken at Lowe Mill, Huntsville, AL, iPhone 6s:
Wonderful story telling, Bill!
The "joie de vivre" is abundantly present.

07-25-2020, 06:50 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote

Wonderful story telling, Bill!
The "joie de vivre" is abundantly present.
Thanks, Bart!
07-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #18
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
My 2nd entry. Pentax Q7 with #06 zoom at 44mm. F2.8 at 1/2000 and ISO 100. Shot from the passenger seat of a moving car.

Thanks for looking,
barondla
Good find!
QuoteOriginally posted by chubasco Quote
My first entry, taken at Lowe Mill, Huntsville, AL, iPhone 6s:
These silhouettes are surprisingly expressive! Great job capturing the moment, Bill!

Four days to go, people!
08-01-2020, 11:06 PM - 4 Likes   #19
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Alright, thank you everybody for beautiful submissions with truly great variety! I went through all of them, and ended up going back and forth between two entries.

I decided that the winner is chubasco's picture of two girls on swings! Happiness of the scene is almost overwhelming, no explanation is necessary, it also makes me feel a bit nostalgic about the days when my own daughters were like that. In the picture the girls are mostly shadows, but with just enough amount of details to perfectly tell me the joy and the energy they are expressing/experiencing, which was beautiful and the most fitting to the theme.

Honorable mention goes to MiguelATF's picture of "don" José! The man looks like an embodiment of life-is-good-ness if that's a word, and the picture tells us many things about the man as well as the photographer's relationship to the man through things like relaxed facial expression and the posture, the way he extends his right arm and use his hand as he tells some stories, things like that. The B/W tone is great. A beautiful portrait with a happy atmosphere.

Congratulations chubasco and MiguelATF!

Other entries were great too. I enjoyed John, Bart and David's entries of people enjoying normal things in life, but barondla's entries of objects themselves designed to signal "good times!" were also as enjoyable and added a fun surprise to the contest.

chubasco, congrats again, I'm looking forward to the contest of August you'll be organizing!

Bye everybody till the next one!

08-02-2020, 04:42 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Miguel and of course especially to Bill!

Thanks to kwb for bringing us this theme, inviting us to show that not everything is dark and gloomy.
The opposite in fact.

Congratulations again, Bill and looking forward to your contest.
08-03-2020, 12:18 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Veteran Member

Congratulations to everyone. Bill very well done! Your photo is wonderful!

I really liked Miguel's photo as well. Very film like and very engaging. I felt like I was there in the scene with you.
08-03-2020, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Wow, I didn't expect to win at all, I logged in to see who to congrat, and came upon this surprise. John and Bart, thanks, fellas, and kwb special thanks for your comments. That photo was a spur of the moment thing and of course they were completely oblivioius to having their picture taken. Now I need to come up with this month's contest subject, hmmmmmm.

08-03-2020, 06:37 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Serious prop and congrats to chubasco - for a very very compelling image!
And thanks to kwb for a thoughtfully and nicely run competition!
08-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
Serious prop and congrats to chubasco - for a very very compelling image!
And thanks to kwb for a thoughtfully and nicely run competition!
Thank you, Miguel.