Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2020, 11:00 PM - 3 Likes   #16
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lots of mysterious ones, everybody!

Mine is not a great mysterious picture but is about how I unintentionally created a mystery to my neighbors using mystery money. Took it on March 31 this year using google pixel 3.

I found a ziploc bag with 20-something USD inside in front of my house. I didn't want to steal it, so I taped it to my garage door facing the street. That was ugly and hard to miss, if a kid dropped his/her charity money or something like that, that person would certainly recognize and take it, I thought. I posted the image to a local facebook group and waited.

Two weeks have passed without any taker. When I went out to check my mail box, one of the neighbors came out and asked me "Hey, what did you tape there, it's money isn't it? What's that about?" She sounded really curious but I saw a bit of seriousness in her eyes. As soon as I explained, she started laughing. She said she and her husband have been wondering for a long time if that was some "charm for good luck" or some such. Probably they thought that we were trying to repel COVID by Japanese voodoo.

In the third week I gave up and gave that money to charity.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 3  Photo 
10-01-2020, 04:00 PM - 2 Likes   #17
gbl

Original Poster
Hi everybody and thanks for all your great submissions. I know this was not an easy contest, but I hope you still had fun and going out and not think about the constant craziness that seems to surround us these days. For me photography is a great stress reliever and I hope you feel the same way.

It is always a challenge to judge photos as they all mean something different to each and everyone of us. But since we have to have a winner, here is my choice:

The winner of Point and Shoot competition #150 is:
Barondla with his photo of the dog on the bridge. I feel that this photo and the story represents the spirit of the competition and what I was after the best. Thank you and well done, Barondla!

A close second is Bart with his "Alien in the Tree". I thought that was a fun and creative entry. Thanks Bart!

Place three is Jacquot's first entry. I really like the composition and the reflection. The image lets the view guess what we are looking at. A photo which made me think.

But to all the participants I say "Thanks!" for participating.

I'm very curious what our winner Bardonla comes up for the next contest...
10-01-2020, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to Barondla, Bart, (me), and gbl! for a really interesting challenge. Loved it! Great 150th!
10-01-2020, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats barondla, Bart and David! Thank you gbl for an interesting competition!

10-02-2020, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to all winners. Although I thought it was a really fun subject, I couldn't find the peace and time to participate, still too busy with the sheep business.

Looking forward to the next competition.
10-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks gbl for running a great contest. Congratulations to Bart and Jacquot. Thank you gbl for selecting my image. All the entries were excellent. Thanks to Welshboy, I now know vertical sundials exist.

Thanks everyone,
barondla
10-03-2020, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Thanks gbl!

Congratulations to barondla and David! Great entries indeed!
And I'll add my congratulations to all the participants. Good imagination and creativity.

QuoteOriginally posted by gbl Quote
... A close second is Bart with his "Alien in the Tree". I thought that was a fun and creative entry. Thanks Bart!...
Thanks, David, kwb, Titia and barondla. Appreciated!
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Congratulations to Barondla, Bart, (me), and gbl! for a really interesting challenge. Loved it! Great 150th!
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Congrats barondla, Bart and David! Thank you gbl for an interesting competition!
QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
Congrats to all winners. Although I thought it was a really fun subject, I couldn't find the peace and time to participate, still too busy with the sheep business.

Looking forward to the next competition.
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Thanks gbl for running a great contest. Congratulations to Bart and Jacquot. Thank you gbl for selecting my image. All the entries were excellent. Thanks to Welshboy, I now know vertical sundials exist.

Thanks everyone,
barondla
Also looking forward to your contest, barondla!
Edit: I see it's up already