Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #16
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The espio mini was black while the UC-1 was silver. They are the same camera as I understand it. It is a much loved camera. I sold one here years ago.
Thanks, I hate market-dependent naming, glad that there are people who know these things! It seems that manufacturers are very slowly getting to their senses to use just one name for one camera and I'm happy about that.

Anyway, Espio mini/UC-1 looks like a nice little camera! I looked at camera-wiki.org that you referenced, and the espio mini/UC-1 was available in black, silver and champagne.
Pentax Espio Mini/UC-1 - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

There is a picture of silver Espio mini here: Favourite Cameras: Pentax Espio Mini (UC-1) - Film AdvanceFilm Advance.

01-03-2022, 09:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Thanks, I hate market-dependent naming, glad that there are people who know these things! It seems that manufacturers are very slowly getting to their senses to use just one name for one camera and I'm happy about that.

Anyway, Espio mini/UC-1 looks like a nice little camera! I looked at camera-wiki.org that you referenced, and the espio mini/UC-1 was available in black, silver and champagne.
Pentax Espio Mini/UC-1 - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

There is a picture of silver Espio mini here: Favourite Cameras: Pentax Espio Mini (UC-1) - Film AdvanceFilm Advance.
I sold mine too cheap I guess... the worn copies go for more than 2x what I sold mine for:

Mine was brand new - unopened in the shrink wrap...
Pentax Point & Shoot (Film) UC-1, IQZoom 280-P, EZY-80 - PentaxForums.com But prices were different then.

I think I still have those two point and shoot cameras... Might want to look at the market for those again... hummm.
01-04-2022, 12:29 AM   #18
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I sold mine too cheap I guess... the worn copies go for more than 2x what I sold mine for:

Mine was brand new - unopened in the shrink wrap...
Pentax Point & Shoot (Film) UC-1, IQZoom 280-P, EZY-80 - PentaxForums.com But prices were different then.

I think I still have those two point and shoot cameras... Might want to look at the market for those again... hummm.
I know, I sometimes feel as if I have to sell my Olympus mju 2. It's a bit crazy that some are willing to pay more than 200 USD for that camera.
03-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up an old IQzoom over a year ago but haven't tried it yet.