Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Both of these were taken with a Fuji S700.

No PP at all on this besides resizing:

#1 Hope.

This is the room number of the room my grandmother died in. To me the darkness represents the uncertainty around death, and the light represents the hope we have. The flower looks up to heaven.

#2 My Town

I just love old buildings. Only PP was slight sharpening and Curves.

RD

12-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olympus C-5050. Shot at F2.3 for as little depth of field as possible (would have liked even less). Keep this camera because it goes to f1.8 on wide end and has a tilting lcd. 2.5 sec exposure.

You can tell its a favorite by the name. Imported from the Dutch.
thanks
barondla
Attached Images

Last edited by barondla; 12-28-2008 at 06:17 PM.
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good work!

All of you work your p&s to the best it appears to me. Good stuff!
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #19
Forum Member

Shot with my Canon A80. This is straight from the camera, save the resize of course.

EXIF says:
ISO 100
1/1250 Shutter
f8.0

This is a little suspension foot-bridge on a hike on Mt. Rainier in Washington.

Attached Images

01-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Seems I'm still on time.

I went for old, peculiar and weathered things which I find very interesting.
Both with Panasonic FX500 - and quite some post processing .

What's peculiar about this one - for those who know what it is in the first place - is that it's made out of glass. I haven't seen any of these around since my early childhood years and those were way back when. Later they were always made out of all kinds of plastics.

01-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Bart;436239]

What's peculiar about this one - for those who know what it is in the first place - is that it's made out of glass. I haven't seen any of these around since my early childhood years and those were way back when. Later they were always made out of all kinds of plastics.

The glass ones were once *quite* common, actually: electricity was in pretty widespread use for quite a while before plastics became cost-effective for such uses.

They make for some pretty, though. Nice work.
01-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
...They make for some pretty, though. Nice work.
Thank you kindly .

01-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am I still on time?

My FAVORITE thing on earth, my wife:
(Canon Powershot S3 IS)

And my two best good friends:
(Pentax Optio W60)

A scene from my friend's farm:
(Canon Powershot S3 IS)

Last edited by skid2964; 01-03-2009 at 08:38 AM.
01-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A second one. Love the Jellybellys!
Pana LX2, 100 ISO, f3.6 , 1/60.
thanks
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX2  Photo 
01-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
Igilligan

The three F's (for exhibition only)

Due to my New Years Resolution to be "less" competitive 8^), and the fact that I could not pick only two with a title like "The three F's"... I submit only for exhibition only....

Flowers / Flies / Family

Fuji S6000

Sony H2

Fuji S6000 + raynox 250

Fuji S6000

Last edited by Igilligan; 01-05-2009 at 06:17 PM.
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
YIKES! You guys are making my job very difficult! How ever will I choose?
You are all tops. I have less than 24 hours left to decide now and there are new entries still coming in. I have my work cut out of me.
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great work everyone

I enjoyed Raylonn Blue Angles and I like the way the boat image looks like a toy to me. The shot being taken down on it kind of gives me that impression.

And that crazy Kunik (Chris) shot made me laugh out loud. Thank you for submitting this fun shot! I didn't even know you owned a Panasonic p&s.

Jeremy's Cordial Candies shot made me smile too. I missed those this Holiday season.

Ratmagiclady submitted another fine shot from a Panasonic Lumix camera. I love the color and texture in this image.

Steve's bear image and story to go with is heartwarming. I like the composition on this one too.

RD, your hope image of the flower and door is very strong on its own but the thought behind it is beautiful too. The old building is a great subject.

Bramela's two images are very appealing to me. I kept going back to the bike in front of the Christmas tree lights. That one has a strong appeal to me. I love jelly belly's too. I like the composition. Was it taken on a light table? I like this one so much I want to try for something similar.

Saaby, I love the composition you chose. I am reading a book on composition at the moment and your image here follows a pattern discussed. It is interesting for me to read technically why an image works for me.

Bart, it sure looks like you got a winner with that new Fx500! Your images are sharp with beautiful detail. Both of your images kept me looking.

Gus, thank you for your exhibition entries. You saved my hide by entering these as exhibition. I would be hard pressed to pick an absolute favorite just between the ones you posted here! They really are a mix of spectacular and creepy (but amazing) and sweetly heartwarming. Thank you for the eye candy! btw, do you find the raynox 250 easier to use on your p&s. I know I sure do! Maybe I haven't used it on the *right* dlsr lens yet?

skid2964, You sure make that Canon Powershot shine! Your wife is gorgeous and this is really a beautiful photo of her. Well done! I could have easily picked your two best friends image as my favorite of all. I get a lot of feel from it. The composition is excellent with your friends staggered in the frame taking advantage of the large dof of a p&s. But more than that, your friend in the background is not tack sharp (nor should he be imho), but just the perfect amount of focus. Well done!

Frank, I would love to jump right in to your image. Riding in the Sierra's on a motorcycle in June. Talk about nirvana! This is a perfect submission to the theme, gaining you extra points. Your image certainly has appeal. This is the type of image that advertising agencies pay money for.

Frank, you are the Winner of P&S challenge #14. Have fun carrying the baton!
01-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
Igilligan

Congrats LaRee and Frank

You did a great job on the challenge... I certainly would not have wanted to judge this one. And helmets off to Frank for the win.
A wonderful shot that makes me miss the summer, the mountains and my motorcycle from days gone by...

But LaRee, I feel like the winner... your words about my shots make me feel like a million bucks, and I thank you. I have been a bit down since I have struggled with my new K20d, and your words gave me a lift and a sudden sense of clarity.

In going back thru some old P&S files to dig up these shots, I remembered how much fun just taking the pics can be.
The tools should not get in the way, it should be easy and fun.

Thank you so much for helping me adjust my own AF...
01-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Frank. Great entry. You could sell that image! Contest keeps getting better every month. Incredible job everyone.

The JellyBelly shot was on a small light table. Recently saw an article about pro who shoots all glass lit in a similar way. His shots are more complex because he uses many pieces of overlapping glass. Kind of got in my head, so tried a simple version. Forgot to ultra clean the class so it took some dust spot removal .

Bike with Christmas tree was fun. Really wanted to throw tree lights way out of focus. Even with the Olypmus at f1.8 couldn't do it. Didn't get to use it at wide setting because tree was to small to cover background. Just no way to get that little deph of field with a P&S. The Pana was worse with the slower lens. Every camera type has its strengths & weaknesses.

Igilligan, what type of troubles are you having with the K20D? Seems to have gotten you down a little. Its a great camera (missed mine when trying to do the bike and tree shot above).

Thanks
barondla
01-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Frank! and to everyone for so many great pics!

Also, thank you Laree for your kind words, as Gus said, you make me feel like the winner with your comments.