Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2022, 01:17 PM   #1

Problem with DCU and MX-1

Hey guys! I have noticed that when I open my photos in DCU just for visualization (Browser tab), they display well and similar to what I see in the camera's screen. BUT, when I go to edit in the "Laboratory", the chosen photo looks way overexposed (around two stops). Once I correct the exposure, I have to fiddle with the Dodging settings too.

And I have noticed that this inconsistency doesn't happen with all the photos but with some of them and I'm still trying to see what triggers this misbehavior.

I believe this started in version 5.9.3 (I could be wrong), and continues with the latest version 5.9.4 version of DCU.

Have you noticed something similar guys?

05-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not yet seen in DCU, I miss at least one upgrade, but had some photo browser for raw image files that did some basic exposure corrections for displaying, while the editor gave you the uncorrected image....
Not for jpg, only raw files and only noticeable on raw pictures that were effective incorrect exposed.

It was even visible in browser , it first displayed raw and then you saw the image ’improve’ in a fraction of second, like it applied some kind of setting.