Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2022, 11:18 AM - 4 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

So I'm still trying to avoid a photoshopped entry but seeing Bart's entry above, I might do something like that for my final entry.

For my second entry below, I've kept it in camera with my GRIII by shooting it at 1/4 seconds and rotating the camera quickly about the centre point as I'm pressing the shutter. I've included a small jpg of the true scene too.

07-26-2022, 05:25 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, UncleVanya and Cipher!
Appreciated!
07-26-2022, 05:36 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I also want to add that the entries are really creative.
and they show there are quite a few ways to get a "special effect".

I used to have something from Topaz that produced comparable effects as the neural filter from Photoshop I used.
I must "misplaced" it during one of the upgrades
07-26-2022, 05:43 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
I'm trying to avoid going straight to photoshop for this one (although I may resort to that later). I wanted my "special effects" to be created in camera for this one so I turned to one of my film bodies for this shot. I took it on my Yashica 35 Electro GTN which has a fixed 45mm lens and weighs less than 1kg, which meets the competition rules. It's a double exposure shot on Ilford FP4 film. I didn't know how successful I'd be stopping the film from advancing before making the second exposure but it worked well.
I was just going to ask about the double exposure but when I quoted your post, I saw a link to the image.
I didn't see this in your post. Strange.
Indeed, worked really well

07-26-2022, 10:50 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
I was just going to ask about the double exposure but when I quoted your post, I saw a link to the image.
I didn't see this in your post. Strange.
Indeed, worked really well
Thanks. The idea came from a mishap several years ago. I'd shot a roll of film on some vintage steam trains. I'd developed the film but before making darkroom prints, I always scan the negs so I can see what shots are worthy of a wet print. I accidentally picked up two strips of negatives, one on top of the other and put them into the film holder on the scanner. I ended up with a scan of two trains on a collision course. It was probably a better image than my competition entry but the camera I used at the time doesn't meet the "compact" requirements.

Not a competition entry

Last edited by Vendee; 07-27-2022 at 12:57 PM.
07-27-2022, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Thanks. The idea came from a mishap several years ago. I'd shot a roll of film on some vintage steam trains. I'd developed the film but before making darkroom prints, I always scan the negs so I can see what shots are worthy of a wet print. I accidentally picked up two strips of negatives, one on top of the other and put them into the film holder on the scanner. I ended up with a scan of two trains on a collision course. It was probably a better image than my competition entry but the camera I used at the time doesn't meet the "compact" requirements.

Not a competion entry
amazing indeed !
07-30-2022, 04:10 AM - 4 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

Final entry..... all done in Photoshop this time. Liquify tool, Solarise, Hue/Saturation, Curves, Sharpen, all done a bit too easily for my liking
Ricoh GRIII

Original jpg
[

07-30-2022, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #23
Unregistered User

Trippy entry Vendee!
07-30-2022, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Final entry..... all done in Photoshop this time. Liquify tool, Solarise, Hue/Saturation, Curves, Sharpen, all done a bit too easily for my liking
Ricoh GRIII

Original jpg
[
wow.
when one would see such a scene, one would know that retracing ones Steps might not be that obvious

wonderful other-worldly scene, Vendee!
07-30-2022, 08:20 PM - 4 Likes   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great idea and great entries so far.

I played a bit with texture, contrast and curves.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
07-30-2022, 08:53 PM - 4 Likes   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My third one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
07-30-2022, 09:29 PM - 4 Likes   #27
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Title of the picture is "Morning, 29 degrees Celsius, 91% Relative Humidity". I'm in Japan now, this was shot in the morning where the temperature was low, and it was already so uncomfortable I felt as if everything was slowly melting. Later it went up to 35C or 95F.

Google Pixel 3, converted to BW, deformed using "Liquify" effect in Photoshop.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 3  Photo 
07-31-2022, 06:49 AM   #28
Unregistered User

Just a few hours left!
07-31-2022, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Google Pixel 3, converted to BW, deformed using "Liquify" effect in Photoshop.
Did Salvatore Dali used Photoshop as well?
07-31-2022, 02:24 PM   #30
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
Did Salvatore Dali used Photoshop as well?
I was thinking about Dali when I shot the thermometer/hygrometer, wondering if he was in Tokyo in summer when he painted his melting clocks.