Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2022, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Not only do you need the K50, you will also need as wide a lens as you can get.
There will be many nice historical buildings where it will be hard to move further back and as such a UWA will be essential.

I'd rather have a K50 and a 8-16 / 10-20/ 10-24mm for some sort and no other lens.
Throw in a small 50mm for any shallow DOF stuff and you are done.

If it was a fixed 28mm, like a Sigma DP1m or the GR, I'd have to bring along a pano mount or DIY a simpler one (since the optical center will be fixed ). Then I can do vertical panos.
It's actually an 18mm on the GR, Pinholecam, that's right in line with the lenses you suggested on the K-50!

07-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

The times that I have traveled to Mexico and Europe, I have liked using an advanced point and shoot. I have taken my DSLR and my Sony P&S and printed it is hard to see a difference. I agree with allanmh, next time, I would only take my Panasonic TZ100 as well. The only exception for me would be on a safari to Africa or something similar.

The first 2 are my Sony HX30V and the last is my Pentax KX

Summer In Italy
by John Rudolph, on Flickr

Summer In Italy

Summer In Italy

Last edited by john5100; 07-26-2022 at 12:23 PM.
07-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first 35mm camera was a rangefinder camera with a fixed 45mm lens. Early on, I encountered situations where I couldn’t take the photo I wanted, because it was impossible for me to back up. My first digital camera was a Canon compact camera. After nine months, I remembered why I had switched to a SLR, declared the compact camera to be a ‘failure’ because of its inflexibility, and purchased a DSLR. Others obviously disagree. That is fine. I have spoken my experience.
07-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Just a thought...make sure whatever camera you get shoots raw and shoot with that.