Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2022, 12:15 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A bit early for most of you guys, but for me it's September 1 and I have to leave to my sheep inspections in a few hours. Thanks to all for participating in my little contest. It's always difficult to pick a winner so I narrowed it down to 'which photo would I love to have hanging on my wall' (if I had the place for it LOL).

So....the winner this time is......Sea legs by Vendee! Congratulations. There's a lot to see in this photo. Love the contrast, the different textures and the seagull.

09-01-2022, 02:13 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Titia Quote
A bit early for most of you guys, but for me it's September 1 and I have to leave to my sheep inspections in a few hours. Thanks to all for participating in my little contest. It's always difficult to pick a winner so I narrowed it down to 'which photo would I love to have hanging on my wall' (if I had the place for it LOL).

So....the winner this time is......Sea legs by Vendee! Congratulations. There's a lot to see in this photo. Love the contrast, the different textures and the seagull.
Thank you Titia. This really is a surprise because there were some great entries. To be honest, my winning photo wasn't my favourite out of the ones submitted by me. It just goes to show that everyone sees something different in a photo. As I said there were some great photos and I was convinced that Jacquot's final entry (is it a lizzard?) was going to win.... I really liked that shot.

Anyway, thanks Titia for setting the competition... I love b&W anyway. I've got a couple of ideas for the next subject and I should decide later today.
09-01-2022, 03:39 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Thank you Titia. This really is a surprise because there were some great entries. To be honest, my winning photo wasn't my favourite out of the ones submitted by me. It just goes to show that everyone sees something different in a photo. As I said there were some great photos and I was convinced that Jacquot's final entry (is it a lizzard?) was going to win.... I really liked that shot.

Anyway, thanks Titia for setting the competition... I love b&W anyway. I've got a couple of ideas for the next subject and I should decide later today.
Congratulations Vendee and all, and Titia for running this great competition theme! So interesting and fun to think about. That's the great thing, we get to look at the world a bit differently every month through these challenges. In that we are all winners. Thanks for your appreciation Vendee, I loved your photos and very much your winning shot. We're all looking forward to a new theme for September! Keep enjoying retirement Titia!
09-02-2022, 10:26 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Special congratulations to Vendee and thanks to Titia for this theme in b&w

09-03-2022, 12:17 PM   #20
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Vendee and thanks Titia for running this competition!

I changed my camera setting so the live view and playback are displayed in B&W for this competition, that was something different and I enjoyed it.
09-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Congrats Vendee and thanks Titia for running this competition!

I changed my camera setting so the live view and playback are displayed in B&W for this competition, that was something different and I enjoyed it.
Sometimes its difficult to visualise how a shot will look in b&w so its handy if your camera can display in b&w when you are taking the shot. My GRIII is great for this. When shooting b&w film, this isn't an option although there are phone apps which will give you a b&w preview of the scene.
09-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote

Yes there were a lot of great photos and I'm glad they were there, but somehow I kept returning to your sea legs. Maybe because it was the 'out of the box' thinking that I hoped and loved to see.