Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-10-2023, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
GR IIIx NiSi Filter Adapter

Hey everyone,

I hope the new year is still treating all of you well.

After selling all of my DSLR/Mirrorless cameras and lenses, I have missed using lens filters. So, I picked up the NiSi lens adapter for my GR IIIx and wrote a short review about it:

NiSi Ricoh GR IIIx lens adapter: It makes using filters easy

So far, so good. I only purchased a cheap polarizer to use with it, but now that I know it's good quality, I may pick up a pro mist or some glimmer glass to play around with. Do you use filters with any of your GR cameras? If so, which ones?

All the best,
Brett

01-10-2023, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I'll add the 1.5X GT-2 Converter for the GR IIIx has a 62mm filter thread.
01-11-2023, 07:02 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I'll add the 1.5X GT-2 Converter for the GR IIIx has a 62mm filter thread.
Awesome. What filters do you plan to use with it?
01-11-2023, 10:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brettday Quote
Awesome. What filters do you plan to use with it?
Well, the only one for me is a CPL since the converter is not a wide angle lens that can be problematic with sky density when the lens is too wide and when the Sun is not at an ideal position.

These types of filters I've acquired for BW and Color film over the years. I have a lot more of the same in different filter sizes. Only one in this set is really useful for digital photography.

Kaiser Slimlite Plano Light Box
by tuco, on Flickr

01-11-2023, 08:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I've heard some discussion of using a filter for white balance might be better than doing it with the camera's white balance.