Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2023, 10:43 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well... I like all of the entries, but four of them 'grabbed' me. Took more than a little scrolling back & forth to pick just one.

The Honorable Mentions, in No Particular Order:

Cipher's image of the Icelander Neonme - it makes her look ethereal and it's just a calm, lovely capture of her.

Barondla's image of the robots - it's a fun subject, cool technique, and an attention grabber.

Bart's image of a sculpture - a really bizarre one, with horse, man, firewood, and "other stuff" all mashed together - is still enough to grab my attention and force me to look at it over and over. B/W worked really well for it!

Finally, the winner for this month is Vendee's image of the mural "Bubbles" - it is a delightful subject, the photo is warm and inviting, and every time I scrolled past it it left a smile on my face. And Dog knows we can all use a smile these days!

So, Vendee, the honor is yours. Thank you everyone for participating and making me work so hard on it! <GRIN>

Jim

02-02-2023, 06:47 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Thanks Jim for running the competition and for picking my photo out of a strong field. I have already come up with a subject for the next competition which I will put up in the next hour or so.
02-02-2023, 12:27 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Congratulations, Vendee!

Thanks Jim, for the honorable mention and for running this contest.
02-02-2023, 09:43 PM - 1 Like   #19
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Vendee! And congrats all the honorable mention winners!
Thanks Jim for running this contest!
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
The bots are printed on translucent plastic sheeting in straight rows. Taking 3, in camera, multiple exposures created the spiral.
Took an art-ish thing and added your own art-ish-ness on top? Great idea, great execution!
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Frankenstein, Hitchiker's Guide, and Error Analysis all on the same shelf? That's insane.
Thanks, I don't disagree. I feel as if some parts of these two novels are tales about chain of errors, so I thought they deserve to be next to the error analysis book.

02-04-2023, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Vendee. Your image nailed the theme. Thanks to RoxnDox for running a great competition and for picking my image as a runner up. Great images everyone.

Thanks,
barondla