Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2023, 04:33 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ea$y Money. There have been at least 3 films by this name.

Pentax Q7 with #06 telezoom.

Thanks for looking,
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
02-22-2023, 01:44 PM - 3 Likes   #17
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stray Dog.
Cell phone picture (Motorola XT) shot at New Delhi, India. Converted to B/W in Lightroom.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XT1053  Photo 
03-01-2023, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
P&S contest #179 is now closed.

After setting the subject I had to review my own judging criteria because I realised that I might unduly favour entries featuring movies that I had heard of or even watched, which would be unfair.

So the winning entry which I felt hit the brief is KWB's "Stray dog"

I love the way that the b&w treatment creates the light and shadow that draws the eye in to the stray dog in the centre. Well done KWB and to the others for their creative entries.

I do have to say that I was disappointed that only 3 people entered the competition. It can't really be described as a competition when its the same small handful of people who are entering every month and effectively taking turns to win each month. So as much as I enjoy competing, I'm going to give it a miss now.
03-01-2023, 06:18 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
I do have to say that I was disappointed that only 3 people entered the competition. It can't really be described as a competition when its the same small handful of people who are entering every month and effectively taking turns to win each month. So as much as I enjoy competing, I'm going to give it a miss now.
I had a tough time with the theme. I never thought of a movie title that matched up with a photo idea or existing shot. No complaints from me btw - just observation. Different themes seem to gather different participation. However if taking a break is needed I think we all have been there and understand that need.

03-02-2023, 11:10 AM   #20
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Vendee for running the competition and for choosing my photo!
I'll think for a while and make a new competition thread soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
I always enjoyed your photos very much, but if you need a break that's fully understood. This was brought up earlier, and I do understand your frustration.

I haven't made advertisement posts to other parts of the forum recently. I'll do that this time.
03-03-2023, 05:47 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations kwb. Great images with superb lighting. Thanks Vendee for running the contest.

We all wish these contests attracted more entries. No matter how few enter, I see it as a an incentive to go out and shoot something. Many poker players meet each week to play their same group. This contest is similar. Vendee, I understand if you need a rest. Just hope you come back soon.

Interesting that over 850 have viewed this contest. We just need to figure out how to get them to enter.
Thanks,
barondla
03-06-2023, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #22
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for the delay, but the next one is up: Point & Shoot Competition #180 - Dark or Low-Key. See you there!