Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Dust reduction

One thing about P&Ss is supposed to be less sensor dirt, right?

So there I was photographing a passing airplane when I saw it - a big ol' blob on my live view screen.

I started out then progressed to and began thinking about ways to get at the sensor and clean it.

I switched to Av mode and confirmed it was dust by comparing wide open vs fully stopped down snaphsots of the clear blue sky. No question about it, something a few dozen pixels across was on my G9's sensor.

Suddenly, in a flash of Pentax-inspired incite, I thought "Hey I need some sensor-shake!" and gave the camera a whack with a knuckle.
Pooff!

Dust spot instantly vanished before my eyes.

--
dbh - dust bunny hater

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
digital camera, dust, pentax cameras, point and shoot, sensor