Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #181
edl
Veteran Member

Technically my backup is a Canon S70. 7.1mp P&S, works pretty well.

However I tend to carry my MX in the bag for backup more often, since it works with most of my lenses and is very compact. All manual so it won't fail me (in theory).

07-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
I had trusted the k10d to be old reliable, but since it gave up the ghost without warning on my latest trip,
eek. Don't mean to get off topic here, but how did you k10d quit? Have you thought about getting it serviced? Any clues at all as to what is wrong?
07-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
eek. Don't mean to get off topic here, but how did you k10d quit? Have you thought about getting it serviced? Any clues at all as to what is wrong?
Definetly getting serviced as it's only 6 months old and under warranty. Just have to wait till tomorrow or friday when I am back in NY, as I am traveling for business, and have zero time to ship to Denver (or the local NYC outift, if I am so inclined).

As for how...it was going a little funny on Saturday, and initial thoughts from posters on here had it as a possible dirty contact on one particular lens, but when it persisted across a variety and then just got bad/worse/dead, what happened is anyone's guess.

Hoping it's revived by Mid-August, else I am buying myself a new point and shoot/compact. Though, looking at my hefty camera bag along with all my other luggage, a competent compact at a fraction of the size/weight.....it's mighty tempting.